NEPS animation made in C 8.1

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, just thought you may be interested in this, been awhile since I have posted some new material.

http://youtu.be/eGWXXBv9WPE

Been working a new method using mostly green screen and daz, think it's going well.

Rendered in C then some work in AE to comp everything, then in Premier Pro for the sequences.

I find it a little bright still; there will be another pass in ANOTHER software, SpeedGrade to level out the brightness and contrast. But this is kind of YouTube quality for now; better one will be posted in "2 colors" and in French on the website soon.

Thanks for looking, cheers to all.

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I like so much this atmosphere!
    I think that you use Mimic, you should make a small cleaning in the keyframes to render the mouths movements more flexible and natural (Mimic product always too much keyframes).
    About the fire, look at this: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35229/
    Otherwise, nice short !

edited December 1969

AnAlias said:

Been working a new method using mostly green screen and daz, think it's going well.

Why are you using this method, Carrara can make renders with alpha channel (Targa, PNG, PSD...) ?

• edited December 1969

Why are you using this method, Carrara can make renders with alpha channel (Targa, PNG, PSD…) ?

Good question. I was rendering to Alpha at first as this seemed natural but AE seemed to like the green screen better than the transparency for some reason.

Thanks for you kind words

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I wonder why that would be. I don't have AE, but I have FCP and I have never has an issue with alphas unless I render using the pre-multiplied option.

edited December 1969

Yes, there are sometimes problems with the edges of the masks which are too in intensified brightness but you can clean your masks in AE.
    For example, I have just finished a composition of various rendered layers in Carrara and I applied to each layer the filter “BCC Alpha process”.
    These is an external series of plugins, but you have some which have a few installed in AE in the heading “Masking” (?) (Masquage, in french).