Question About Daz Dynamic Items?????

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was curious about the ability to try something I have in mind. Is it possible to use something like the Dynamic Tablecloth or Sheets, using transmaps to have a hole in the center and then in Daz have it drape to work like a skirt or poncho? I know these items were not originally designed to do that, but is it possible to use them in this matter?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There are quite a few freebies on the Optitex site, including poncho's and skirts, if it helps. http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549
    edited December 1969

Oh I know about those and have them all, thanks anyway tho. I was asking because no one has made a dynamic circle skirt for Daz and thought that might be one way to get one.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2014

Oh I know about those and have them all, thanks anyway tho. I was asking because no one has made a dynamic circle skirt for Daz and thought that might be one way to get one.

Ah right. I must admit I do like the Poser dynamic circle skirt I have and would love a full length one.(ankle length)

I know (somewhat) how to play around with dynamic stuff in poser, but not in DS I am afraid, I have to admit I would be tempted to experiment

Post edited by Chohole on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

The problem is that the draping of the item won't recognize the transmapped portion as a hole. Perhaps you can use something from http://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-pattern-design-kit

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

How about this one
    http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-circle-skirt

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

It's been a while so I don't remember all the controls but does the dynamic control plugin have settings for constrained groupings?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I've tried it before...with less than desirable results, but I don't have the full Dynamic plugin, just the basic included one. You may get better results with the full version of the plugin

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

I've seen a tutorial on using the Dynamic Tablecloth as a skirt, but have not attempted it myself.

Here's the tutorial, if you want to give it a try.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    It's been a while so I don't remember all the controls but does the dynamic control plugin have settings for constrained groupings?

No, that's the Poser engine. The control plug-in's buig thing is being able to adjust material settings on each panel, plus adjustable gravity and a wind force generator. I suppose if there were a panel in the right place you could make it extra stiff.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549
    edited December 1969

Ok Mike's links is to a pack I have wanted for a while now, just can't afford it yet. I just checked it again and it does offer the possibility of poncho's and circle skirts that are very useable, though still not quite what I am looking for. The current dynamic circle skirt that kurisu links to although very nice, is way too short and I don't know about anyone else but looks bulky. And Scott thanks for the tut link, will look into that later today. What I would like is a full length circle skirt that falls without what appears to be a lot of bulk around the waist and hips. I know it's possible because I use to own a skirt like that, back in the late 70's, practically lived in the thing...lol

This wouldn't even be an issue if Daz would get their heads out of their..........and give us the ability to make dynamic clothes. If they did that, many here would think they had died and gone to heaven.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

DAZ turned over all aspects of cloth dynamics to Optitex shortly after the merger with Gizmoz (can't get to the old archives to find the announcement thread for it) so it's more Optitex than DAZ at this point...

• EyekonographyEyekonography Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I just purchased the Dynamic Sheets from DAZ, and all I can load and use is the King size. There is supposed to be other sizes as well, but I can not figure out how to access them. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

I just purchased the Dynamic Sheets from DAZ, and all I can load and use is the King size. There is supposed to be other sizes as well, but I can not figure out how to access them. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

In the DCC panel, at the bottom, should be a Style dropdown selector which will allow you to see/pick any different styles the selected DC item has.

• EyekonographyEyekonography Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Thanks

In the DCC panel, at the bottom, should be a Style dropdown selector which will allow you to see/pick any different styles the selected DC item has.

Perfect! Thank you so much!!