GIS Biosuit v4/G/G2 & C8.5

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I cannot get the helmet (a prop) mat files to apply. The icons for them are present, but the helmet remains dark gray in renders, not the black & glow effect the main suit has. The main suit textures, all second skins for V4, Genesis & G2F, work fine. I am using Genesis V5 and the Genesis suit.

I have tried applying by drag & drop and by going into the material room and pointing Carrara to the proper file. The only shaders that the helmet will take is the all-white mat. One of my friends here, Spacer_01, made me a shader that has the right look and it will apply to the helmet, but I would still like all the color options that came with the package. This is a render of the roleplaying game character portrait I was working on, with the black/blue helmet mat applied. Fortunately, it just makes the helmet look "turned off" which makes sense for this image. But I am looking for a workaround that gives me the proper look. Preferably without having to do custom shaders/mats when those are part of the purchased package.

I have a ticket on this but the only suggestion they had, so far, is to make sure I'd used both the ps & DS installers which I had.

Lyanne.jpg
576 x 694 - 64K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2014

Nevermind....didn't see this was a Carrara thread...but have you tried manually applying them?

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited February 2014

I cannot get the helmet (a prop) mat files to apply. The icons for them are present, but the helmet remains dark gray in renders, not the black & glow effect the main suit has. The main suit textures, all second skins for V4, Genesis & G2F, work fine. I am using Genesis V5 and the Genesis suit.

I have tried applying by drag & drop and by going into the material room and pointing Carrara to the proper file. The only shaders that the helmet will take is the all-white mat. One of my friends here, Spacer_01, made me a shader that has the right look and it will apply to the helmet, but I would still like all the color options that came with the package. This is a render of the roleplaying game character portrait I was working on, with the black/blue helmet mat applied. Fortunately, it just makes the helmet look "turned off" which makes sense for this image. But I am looking for a workaround that gives me the proper look. Preferably without having to do custom shaders/mats when those are part of the purchased package.

I have a ticket on this but the only suggestion they had, so far, is to make sure I'd used both the ps & DS installers which I had.

Does that light blue emissive paint look come with the suit as a separate map?

If so, it may need to be layered in the diffuse channel with a mixer channel.

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • I can't get any other material to work on V6 other than the black/blue material. any tips? I inspected all the surfaces and maps but can come up with no way to make lines glow other than blue. and the only reason i see the blue is because the black/blue material is using a texture jpg that already has the blue painted in. HELP!!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

if they are 3Delight mats they are made for DAZ studio

likerwise Poser mats for Poser

you need to use the same maps but put them in the glow channel in Carrara's shader room to get a glow, basicaly rebuild from scratch as not made for Carrara.

• acking79 said:

I can't get any other material to work on V6 other than the black/blue material. any tips? I inspected all the surfaces and maps but can come up with no way to make lines glow other than blue. and the only reason i see the blue is because the black/blue material is using a texture jpg that already has the blue painted in. HELP!!!!

You have posted in both the Carrara and DA Studio forums - which application(s) are you using? It is better to use only one thread, then people don't duplicate efforts that have been made in the other thread.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2015

Hi miladyderyni,

I have this item and just took a look at it.  I don't think the other color presets actually load a color.  As you noted the blue one is the only one actually painted on a texture map, so I think what the presets probably do is set the color value in DAZ, but since Carrara has a different shader system it doesn't know what to do with that.  What you will need to do to get the other colors, is manuallyload one the of the helm_light_trans textures (there are several in the textures folder for this item - for me that is at E:\My Library\Runtime\Textures\ToxicAngel\Bodysuit) and multiply it by a color.  You'll probably have to play with it to get the color to match up (or open one of the body textures in Photoshop or a similar program and color pick the color to see what exactly it is).

Below is a screenshot of what I mean - I loaded the helm_light_trans4.jpg in the glow channel and multiplied it by a bright green:

GIS Helm Light Glow Setup

GISHelmetColors.JPG
    1824 x 738 - 146K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on