Carrara 9 Question

tscott_f9a8e65d7ctscott_f9a8e65d7c Posts: 50
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I read somewhere in a review for 8.5 that version 9 was slated for Q1 2014. Does anyone know if people who buy 8.5 will receive a free upgrade to 9 or will we have to pay an upgrade fee?

Also, does anyone know of a thread that discusses planned features for v9?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

tomjscott said:
    I read somewhere in a review for 8.5 that version 9 was slated for Q1 2014. Does anyone know if people who buy 8.5 will receive a free upgrade to 9 or will we have to pay an upgrade fee? I doubt that very highly. Of course, there's been no official word. 8.5 was just a DSON-Suppotive upgrade to 8.1, and it had a cost to upgrade. So a full version upgrade will certainly cost us something. But, you know DAZ 3D... they always have deals available! :)

Nothing official. But there is a user-made Carrara 9 feature request thread going.
  • tscott_f9a8e65d7ctscott_f9a8e65d7c Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

tomjscott said:
    I read somewhere in a review for 8.5 that version 9 was slated for Q1 2014. Does anyone know if people who buy 8.5 will receive a free upgrade to 9 or will we have to pay an upgrade fee? I doubt that very highly. Of course, there's been no official word. 8.5 was just a DSON-Suppotive upgrade to 8.1, and it had a cost to upgrade. So a full version upgrade will certainly cost us something. But, you know DAZ 3D... they always have deals available! :)

Nothing official. But there is a user-made Carrara 9 feature request thread going.

Thanks for the info. I'll get in on the feature request thread and see what people are asking for.

edited December 1969

tomjscott said:

Thanks for the info. I'll get in on the feature request thread and see what people are asking for.
    Don't forget to reply with your own ideas! ;)
  • Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

tomjscott said:

Rumors are that someone was tagging with spray paint the outside walls of the DAZ building with "Carrara 9 is coming soon!"

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

tomjscott said:

Rumors are that someone was tagging with spray paint the outside walls of the DAZ building with "Carrara 9 is coming soon!"

I'm pretty sure that Dart is still in Wisconsin and not Utah. ;-)

edited December 1969

tomjscott said:

I'm pretty sure that Dart is still in Wisconsin and not Utah. ;-)Have I mentioned that I am now a member of EAA?
    The big problem was that I brought the paint cans with me from WI and, due to the altitude of the flight, they never had a chance to thaw until they locked them away in the local jail detention area. I doubt I'll try that again anytime DAZ-soon!

Busted-at-DAZ3D.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 823K