eh? ik works if is just parented, don't need figure bones?

still watching the 6.5 hour animation tutorials.

it just blew my mind on the robot arm and pistons.

set ik on a parented heirarchy of parts. brain is confundled, cuz moving the machine head bit, made the pistons move.
i'm watching it, but my brain is going no way.  lol

Comments

• if you parent stuff and make it an animation group you can use IK but you need the hotpoints in the right places for everything first

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

caps key smiley

listening thru the yt audio lib for belly dancing music.

i don't understand how people are setting their video clips to real songs like lady gaga.
    unless they paying a premium yt fee for the real songs?

seeing some of the music needs an accredited link.

the lady gaga bad romance at first, looks like is accredited link, but it isn't

ohhh supposed to move ik target helper.  i was silly-lillily sticking on the foot.  ankle makes more sense.

• Mystarra said:

still watching the 6.5 hour animation tutorials

Could I please ask which tutorials are being referred to here ?

this one  https://www.daz3d.com/animation-in-carrara-video-tutorials

6.5 half hours  only half way thru it and blown my mind a couple times
    excited for what the finale will be

never really looked at tweener properties before, like the descrete tweener
    who knew how nifty it is?

py swarm?

now i know how the motion blur works  and how to blur fan rotors smiley

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Thank you Mystarra for link to PhilW's animation tutorials. I had my eye on that for a while. It's on sale, and plus your generous prize gift certificate... it was a total no brainer to purchase.  smiley

(That animted GIF in your signature, the pink marshmellow taking a nice plunge into the cup of coffee, that will be me in a week. I can't wait. (I love that GIF heart))

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

...and Phil's tutorials are sooo good! I can't wait to get that one myself. Needs mo munnies!!!

Thank you Mystarra for link to PhilW's animation tutorials. I had my eye on that for a while. It's on sale, and plus your generous prize gift certificate... it was a total no brainer to purchase.  smiley

(That animted GIF in your signature, the pink marshmellow taking a nice plunge into the cup of coffee, that will be me in a week. I can't wait. (I love that GIF heart))

hot cocoa with mini marshes  heartheart

even more special with a drop of butterscotch shnappes

trying that ease in /ease out on the linear tweener smiley

Mystarra said:

trying that ease in /ease out on the linear tweener smiley

I use that ALL the time - amongst many others. So jealous. I can't wait to own another PhilW set!

memory all ready fuzzy on the discrete tweener
    gotta use it or lose it

Discrete is like saying "No Tweener". The first keyframe remains full-on until the next is reached, then that one turns on fully, and so on.

I know what you mean though. This stuff takes practice.

I often hear folks say that "Bezier" is a good choice for an all 'round tweener. Well, in its default state, it can also cause unwanted movement.

Don't get me wrong, however... Bezier is an excellent tweener for going from pose to pose and many other situations - I use it quite often. But my preferences put me at Linear by default for these reasons:

• Linear works best for aniBlocks by GoFigure (and work great for the ones I have from PoserMocap and Bonetech3d as well)
    • I tend to use Linear for more things than Bezier
    • Due to the above, I find it easier for me to change tweeners to Bezier than the other way around

Instead of Bezier, I find myself adjusting the in and out sliders of a linear tweener for more things - but again, I also use a lot of motion capture data for major parts of the motion, and do the rest by hand. I still find myself selecting many tweeners and setting them to bezier though. I also use oscillate and noise quite a lot as well. I almost never use discrete. Also, I haven't really put Fenric's Stack Tweener to use yet. I tried it once a long time ago for something - can't remember what - all I remember is that I didn't get what I was reaching for - but I was expecting as much, due to the strangeness of what I wanted to do. Hmmm... time for some experiments, I think!

edited December 2019

the mmoir walk tutorial goes more into using the graph editor, adjusting the tweeners

• In depth use of the Graph editor to alter walk cycles

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23934/start

Post edited by Mistara on

Yes, I use the graph editor a lot. Also, we can open any joint (or other keyframed element) directly in the Sequencer via the little triangles to further tweak individual stuff, like rotatation, scale, translation, etc., without even entering the Graph editor, but the graph editor gives more control.

Sometimes I'll be using Genesis with aniBlocks from V4 or M4, and all I want to do is correct a few rotation angles. I can do that directly in the Sequencer. But in the Graph editor, I get the other cool tools.

Another cool thing:

Let's say I'm doing a walk, and decide to repeat it. I can match the position of the end of one cycle to the beginning of the next without even making an NLA clip. Simply open the hip in the sequencer (hip is most often the driving bone for translation movement) and go to the x, y, and z translation portions, and select the whole batch of keyframes for the second cycle - drag then until the first frame matched the position on the graph of the last one in the first cycle.

This'll all be easier to explain later with images.

tutorial has a kewl trick for Vicki's hips, too.