how does that Luxus work? - Eluxir soon? :)

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited February 2014 in The Commons

how does that Luxus work? Luxus = Luxrender?

the plug-in sets up Lux lights and everything? it says the render button is inside DS.

is there a different Shade Mixer?

once i buy Luxus, there's nothing else i have to buy to make it work?

is there a way in DS to save an 'asset' to be Lux ready so i only have to do it once per figure/prop, textures, lights, cameras?

Thanks. :)

is there a forum for Luxus newbies?

This is the only thing i need to buy? I want to be able to fine tune materials and lights.
http://www.daz3d.com/luxus

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Wow, a lot of questions there. I'll try to answer as concisely as I can.

Firstly, Luxus is NOT Luxrender. Luxrender is the actual rendering software which does the work, while Luxus is a converter. Luxus takes your Daz materials and converts them on-the-fly to Luxrender materials and then exports the scene in a format which Luxrender can read. It then fires up Luxrender either via command line if you render to a window or using the Luxrender GUI if you've opted for it and begins rendering.

Luxus will not set up lights. It merely converts what lights you've added into Luxrender compatible ones. That said, shader lights such as UberAreaLight and UberEnvironment will NOT convert whatsoever into Luxrender. They're completely ignored because such lights are not physically correct and Luxrender is a physically based rendering engine. With that in mind, you'll get the best results when using Luxrender specific lighting.

If you apply any Luxus materials to a scene, or create any light setups with Luxus you can save those presets as you would with any other Daz material and light setup. You can then apply these at any time to future scenes.

One thing to be aware of. Luxrender is a VERY different rendering engine to 3Delight. As a result, most shaders you're used to in 3DL will not look as good in Luxrender. They will almost always need tweaking or redesigning to get the most out of them. Luxrender deals with more physically accurate surfaces, and you'll need to think in terms of Lux materials rather than thinking about 3DL shaders. For this reason, while there is a shader-mixer of sorts through Eluxir, you cannot use normal shaders in the same way.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2014

Eluxir?

lol :lol:

Capture2.JPG
    625 x 593 - 45K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Eluxir isn't in the store yet. the links to the one that times out 2015 aren't showing in the post.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The links in the first post should be the correct one...

edited December 1969

it says

"This build will timeout at the end of the month."

in the first post. i'm all confused now, lol. again, still.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

it says

"This build will timeout at the end of the month."

in the first post. i'm all confused now, lol. again, still.

The links are to the current/active build of the dll...that's the only one he keeps on the server/download location.

• SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

thanks. I updated the post about Eluxir to note that it times out then end of 2014.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

thanks. I updated the post about Eluxir to note that it times out then end of 2014.

Thank you.

edited December 1969

it doesn't come with one single skin shader for one of the ds figures?