Bio Squad BLASTER! Coming Soon

JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi guys.

Here's the latest member of the Bio Squad: Blaster.

I wanted to create a unique looking outfit that's cool and creepy at the same time while trying to make something very different from my last Bio Squad character. Maybe he's too creepy but I think he look cool and I'm quite proud of it.

Blaster has a few features included in the set like several texture options, 2 helmets to choose from and "Beam FX" objects are also included. I will post images to display the features soon enough.

Dragonfly_Blaster_FinalComp.jpg
1400 x 1820 - 720K
SpittonCreature_FinalComp.jpg
1577 x 1380 - 759K
HandsOnHips_FinalComp01.jpg
1400 x 1820 - 655K
Blaster_Poster.jpg
1000 x 1493 - 548K

Comments

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

I forgot to mention that Blaster will be for both Genesis and Genesis 2 male.

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

I think he is Creepy and Awesome. I want him in my runtime. Will he come with poser companion files??

edited December 1969

Thanks for your comment tonymouse. Unfortunately, since I don’t use poser (for the moment) I cannot create Poser Companion Files.

edited December 1969

it is certainly awesome enough that I would get it and try to make my own ;)

Though you don't need to have poser to create them, you make them in DS, you would have to have access to poser to test them however. Do none of your beta testers have Poser?? of course then there is the issue of dealing with any issues that would need to be changed or cleaned up for them to work in poser the way you want/need them too (optimal performance), this are most frequently texture issues as there are enough differences between the was that Daz and Poser handle and implement more complicated textures.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Intriguing... I'm enjoying this new series of figures.

Any chance of there being a third one of those creature heads, to replace the human figure's own, in the centre? I'd be interested in playing around with combining that with other geo-grafted creature limbs/effects.

edited December 1969

That would be great, a third mouth in the chest with a disgusting slimy tongue coming out! I'll reserve this for my stand alone creatures...

edited December 1969

Oh, I meant more along the lines of just replacing the human head, not on the chest! It's very Audrey 2-like.

edited December 1969

It's a cool idea but it will make it feel to much like a creature while I want to keep the wearable outfit look.

edited December 1969

What's the creature which is posed by it?

edited December 1969

What I meant was I want Blaster to be an outfit, not a creature. By adding a geo-grafted head over Genesis I think I will lose this aspect.

edited December 1969

Here's how Blaster look on a female body.

female_Promo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 276K
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    What I meant was I want Blaster to be an outfit, not a creature. By adding a geo-grafted head over Genesis I think I will lose this aspect.

I meant the creature being hit by the 'blasters'. It seems familiar...

I like the female look!

edited December 1969

Oh! in the image with the liquid blast, it's an old figure by Sanctum Art; Drub...

I don't know what happened to Sanctum Art but there's no traces of their product anymore on the web. Which is a shame cause their product where great.

edited December 1969

Any updates on this awesome set??

edited December 1969

The set is being tested by the Daz team right now so it shouldn't be long before they give me a release date. Mean while I will post screen captures of what comes with the set. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

edited December 1969

Hi guys, here's some screen grabs of the different beams that come with blaster. You can change their color to whatever you want because the textures I made for them are greyscale. Just change the diffuse and ambient color. Blaster Bodice needs to be selected when you import the beams so they get properly parented to the canons. If you forget to select the Bodice, as it happened to me many times, you can do it manually simply by dragging the beam under the canon bone.

ScreenGrab04.jpg
    1677 x 987 - 380K
    ScreenGrab03.jpg
    1677 x 987 - 412K
    ScreenGrab02.jpg
    1677 x 987 - 434K
    ScreenGrab01.jpg
    1677 x 987 - 420K
    edited December 1969

My favorite is the Chemical Spit FX. You can also change its color to whatever you want and its ready to render with reflection map, refraction and transparency.

edited December 1969

There's two different helmets included in the set; one covering the eyes and one revealing them.

Helmets_Options2.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 311K
    edited December 1969

Yeah... I'm thinking I'll have uses for those beam effects outside of this costume. Especially the 'chemical spill' one.

Been wanting a realistic 'tap water' effect I can use different shaders on, for ages. Ever since seeing the 'gloop shaders' product, in fact!

edited December 1969

I'm glad to read that you'll use the provided FX beyond their intended purpose.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Niffty. Will look hard at this set for some Beyond the what you see uses. Cool stuff.

edited December 1969

Hey guy, since there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm around the liquid FX, I'm thinking about making a pack of realistic 3D Liquid Objects. Something between 20 or 40 different objects for less than 10 bucks. I would like to know if you guys would welcome such a pack.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I sure would.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As a user that does Magic, Super powers and other types of renders I'll buy all of any along those lines, or any that can be kit bashed to work that way.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Hey guy, since there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm around the liquid FX, I'm thinking about making a pack of realistic 3D Liquid Objects. Something between 20 or 40 different objects for less than 10 bucks. I would like to know if you guys would welcome such a pack.

That's something I'd buy. I usually snatch up anything that might be useable in superhero renders.

edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:

Absolutely!

Definitely in need of fluid and slime-based stuff for projects I'm doing. Especially if blood is optional.

edited December 1969

Well, there you have it guys, my next project will be a pack of realistic liquid objects. They will be organised by category such as; Pouring, Abstract, Splashing and Waves. I’ll also include the obj files so they can be easily imported in any 3d application. I can’t wait to begin, I miss fluid simulation… But we’re getting off track here. I’m not done with the Bio Squad. I’d like to make at least one more of those, maybe this time for Big Cat 2.

edited February 2014

I know where my money should be heading next! Love that pouring/abstract/splashing/waves will be included for diversity. :)

Would matching water planes also be included? Could be good for creating rivers and seas of slime/blood/whatever, as well as puddles.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of the Bio Squad, too. I imagine there'll be an alternative texture set for their villainous counterparts in the future.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Matching water planes, of course! I’ll try to make the pack as versatile as possible so it can cover most situations. I’m thinking about making some waterfalls too but they will need to be very high-res to capture all the “liquidish” details. Maybe with the help of HD morphs I’ll figure out something. In any case, I’ll start a new topic on that in the forum so you guys can help me with the pack.

edited December 1969

I'm in for all the above , can't wait till the blaster shows up and the water package sounds awesome.