Hexagon crashes when selecting faces

Hi,

I have Hexagon 2.5.2.109 which crashes consistently when selecting faces for editing.

My PC  Windows 64  10 Home vers.1903 quad core 2.33 GHz, 8 Gb ram. New clean install

Daz version 4.12.

When I try to upgrade to Hex 2.5.2.137, I get this error:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Hexagon 2.5 Content Public Build +BETA+" requires that the installed path for "Hexagon 2.x Public Build" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I have tried changing paths to install in various locations, same error.

"C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Hexagon 2.5 Public Build"

Can I uninstall both Daz and Hex and do a clean install 64 bit versions of both? 

Daz 4.5+ and Hex 2.5.2.137

If so, How do I go about it.

Sorry, new to Hex, not sure what Install Manager will do

Regards,

Bruce

DIM.jpg
741 x 681 - 85K

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Your screenshot is for the installation base location. You also need to go to the Applications Tab and make sure that the full path for "Hexagon 2.x Public Build" (64-bit) is defined there. Not sure why, but DIM always seems a bit ... "dim" ... when it comes to figuring out how to create a path on its own even if the base installation folders are defined.

• Hi,

I have Hexagon 2.5.2.109 which crashes consistently when selecting faces for editing.

Usually means that all of the dots are not connected. Hexagon is rather fussy about that. Under Tools, Utilities, there is an option to weld points that are close to each other, clicking on that often solves the problem.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    It may be some bad geometry, exporting out as an OBJ and reimporting most time will fix it enough to correct the problem