Chinese Dragon

I would love to see a Chinese dragon in the store. Snake body, no wings, whiskers, garish ornamentations, gleaming colorful scales, and a dforce hair mane and hair parts.

Image result for traditional chinese dragon painting

Comments

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 903
    edited December 2019

There's the Royal Eastern Dragon for Daz Dragon 3. It's older, so doesn't have dhair, but it is a very nice addition to the base dragon figure. I used it (minus the beard/fringe, for whatever reason) in the render below quite some time ago, but haven't done anything dragonish for ages, so had almost forgotten about it. Thanks for the post, as it reminded me. Gonna go play with dragons now. laugh I hope that helps you, if this is what you're looking for.

I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to use the strand-based hair tool to add hair that you can adjust and style to match different poses.

she-dances-with-dragons_730_auto.jpg
    730 x 945 - 1M
    Post edited by Quixotry on
  • Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    edited December 2019
    Quixotry said:

There's the Royal Eastern Dragon for Daz Dragon 3. It's older, so doesn't have dhair, but it is a very nice addition to the base dragon figure. I used it (minus the beard/fringe, for whatever reason) in the render below quite some time ago, but haven't done anything dragonish for ages, so had almost forgotten about it. Thanks for the post, as it reminded me. Gonna go play with dragons now. laugh I hope that helps you, if this is what you're looking for.

I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to use the strand-based hair tool to add hair that you can adjust and style to match different poses.

It's not bad, but it's a little dated. I can see texture stretching across its belly scales, its head and face are wrong, and it's pretty obvious that it was a morph of a non-Chinese dragon. Imagine what could be made now!

ETA: That render is beautiful!

Post edited by Those Things on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i would *love* to see a good chinese dragon set in the store.  or a japanese one.  or, better yet, an eastern dragon set that included both.

it'd fly right into my cart.  and my cart would be really lucky that day.

:)

j

• There's this: https://www.daz3d.com/eastern-dragon, it's quite old, but still.

• There's this: https://www.daz3d.com/eastern-dragon, it's quite old, but still.

That's actually way closer to what I would like to see, thanks!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,766

I have the dragon, love the guy. I would so buy a new one with all the new tech that is now available in DAZ Studio and to the PAs.

Matter of fact, as a key figure to a bundle, with Chinese costumes from the historical ages for both men and women, that are realistic, in all levels of society. Environments, props, hair. Explore the culture.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited December 2019

I have the dragon, love the guy. I would so buy a new one with all the new tech that is now available in DAZ Studio and to the PAs.

Matter of fact, as a key figure to a bundle, with Chinese costumes from the historical ages for both men and women, that are realistic, in all levels of society. Environments, props, hair. Explore the culture.

Don't hold your breath  on the possibility of a new one. The Daz that released that figure is long gone.

Hell, their current Housecat is what, 17 years old?

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • Yep, I actually need an updated Chinese Dragon for a piece I'm doing at the moment. A beautiful and detailed iray version would hit the spot, definitely.

• Fungible User said:

Yep, I actually need an updated Chinese Dragon for a piece I'm doing at the moment. A beautiful and detailed iray version would hit the spot, definitely.

2024 and I am hoping to see it too :) Pity the Royal Eastern Dragon fails to render the beard and fur. Not even Turbo Squid have such a nice dragon as the photo in this post :( 

• drucdruc Posts: 347
    edited January 20

I would also love to have a dforce and Iray Chinese dragon. I have the Eastern Dragon but an update would be magnificent.

Post edited by druc on
  • i would love  all  new dragons typ   that could also  be used as 1 stand alone  or 2  beable to be part dragons 3  or at least enchanced that and also  even like split parts with out havint hide things  and more of new moghing skeltion  too ,.............so an oval hall of new and old  addinto new forms  more details and more detaled morghs  and also be able to cross morph into gen 8 .1 figer  like  some make into shapeshifting  dragon into human or human into dragon ,...............as dragon newst gen 8.1  well the back dosent work right and the split tool dosen work that much either 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,766
    edited January 22

As someone who was born in a year of the Dragon, I respectively repeat my request for a new Dragon, the Chinese Dragon. What might be possible with today's tech would be breathtaking.

If it is in work, thank you. If it might interest a PA with the skills, thank you. If DAZ would support this, thank you.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,431

We very much need a new Asian Dragon.  The older ones we have are pretty, but extremely outdated.  Something with Iray materials and dForce hair would be amazing!  And as mentioned, the timing would be perfect, with this being the year of the dragon!  I don't mind if it is for the Dragon 3 or a stand alone, or even if a Dragon 4 is in the works.  Anything would be great!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,338

zombietaggerung said:

There's this: https://www.daz3d.com/eastern-dragon, it's quite old, but still.

This one is wonderful! I own it and have made some very nice renders with it. Unfortunately, I don't have any of them to hand. As long as we don't have a new Eastern Dragon, this model is certainly the best replacement.