Do Beautiful Bends M/F fix the extreme positions pelvic join issues?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

If you do any kind of martial arts, ballet or gymnastics rendering I'm sure you know what I mean, the "pinching" that comes at the pelvic area when bending at extreme angles. This can normally be fixed via the usage of pants/shorts, but stuff like leotards and pretty much most female wardrobe sticks to the body like glue and does not mask the bending.

I've attached a render of the default G2F with all the maps stripped off it to keep it PG. http://imgur.com/6Wg3pKA

This is with the left thigh at maximum negative bend and max side-side. The side-side is for visibility, but the issue is developed through the use of high-negative values of bend. This has been around as long as I've been using DS/Poser and every time I see a joint fix I hope they'll fix this!

Crossing my fingers for some feedback from owners.

Comments

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited February 2014

With both x and z rotation at maximum values, there's still some problems. But here's a viewport render of max z rotation values and max z rotation values plus x rotation at 60 degrees forward.

SideBend60_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 32K
    Side_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 32K
    Post edited by wowie on
    edited February 2014

Here's the G2M version. The pose is the same (first is max z rotation, second is max z rotation plus 60 degrees rotation forward on the x axis). I would suggest limiting the z rotation to 60 or 70 degrees for now.

SideBendG2M_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 35K
    SideG2M_1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 34K
    Post edited by wowie on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

My hamstring hurts just LOOKING at this. :)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

There seems to be some sort of gimble lock happening here. When I tried it with just Side-Side dial set to maximum positive value than adjust the Bend dial it acts like the Twist dial. Using the posing widgets Universal Tool and Rotate Tool can overcome this problem but they have some flakiness of their own.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    There seems to be some sort of gimble lock happening here. When I tried it with just Side-Side dial set to maximum positive value than adjust the Bend dial it acts like the Twist dial. Using the posing widgets Universal Tool and Rotate Tool can overcome this problem but they have some flakiness of their own.

Since we're talking about angles near 90 degrees, it's very hard to avoid gimbal lock between some axis. I usually use the Posing tab rather than the transform gizmo for this. Much more accurate. If you're using the gizmo, make sure rotation is using local coordinates.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I just realized we really haven't actually answered the OP's question. Beautiful Bends are a set of 'corrective' morphs to better simulate accurate muscle deformations it wont fix this.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited February 2014

wowie said:
    With both x and z rotation at maximum values, there's still some problems. But here's a viewport render of max z rotation values and max z rotation values plus x rotation at 60 degrees forward.

How did you achieve this? This is much preferable to the welded look that I always get.

RKane_1 said:
    My hamstring hurts just LOOKING at this. :)

You and me both O_O

I just realized we really haven't actually answered the OP's question. Beautiful Bends are a set of 'corrective' morphs to better simulate accurate muscle deformations it wont fix this.

Hahaha, thanks for clarifying, I was interpreting the discussion and screenshots as proof that it did fix it and I was warming up my wallet.

Post edited by Testing6790 on
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:

Actually, the corrective morphs are not meant to simulate muscle deformations. It is meant to fix joint bending problems. There are still some limits to what it can do, as demonstrated here (extreme rotation with two axis). I'll probably need to add those corrections with an update.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Haha I didn't realize you were the creator, wowie. Looks really nice, if it fixed some of the warping on the 2 axis rotation it would be basically my panacea