How do I set up code in sig line

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

I know I've asked this a million times. I need to set up a clickable link in my sig line that will open up another tab.

How do I write out the HTML? I'd like the code to include a way to hide the main link "behind" a title like "RAMWorks Freebie Page"

Thanks kindly

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2014

Wolffies Stuff

So the square Bracket [ followed by url= and a note of your URL and close the bracket ]. Type your text and then the square bracket again followed by /url and close the bracket. No spaces between the elements and the brackets

If you click quote you will see how I set that one up

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Wolffies Stuff

So the square Bracket [ followed by url= and a note of your URL and close the bracket ]. Type your text and then the square bracket again followed by /url and close the bracket. No spaces between the elements and the brackets

Thanks Cho. Look up, I sent you a PM yesterday hon!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    chohole said:
    Wolffies Stuff

Thanks Cho. Look up, I sent you a PM yesterday hon!

Yes, and we are still thinking about how we can sort it out for you. Wasn't ignoring it, honest.

edited December 1969

I kinda figured.

OH but how do I set up the link to open in a new window or tab?

edited December 1969

I just right click on links I want to do that. I don't know if you can make them do it automagically.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2014

If you add target="_blank" after your url it should open in a new window/tab.

It would look like this

[ u r l=wwwsomeurl.something target="_blank"] your text [/ u r l] (of course, no spaces in the tags and proper formatting for the url)

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    If you add target="_blank" after your url it should open in a new window/tab.

It would look like this

[ u r l=wwwsomeurl.something target="_blank"] your text [/ u r l] (of course, no spaces in the tags and proper formatting for the url)

Tried adding

target=“_blank”
    and when I tested the link it took me to my account page rather than my freebies page here. When I removed that code it took me to my Freebies page. WEIRD!
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

When I click the link in your sig it's opening in the same window.

Try the link to my ShareCG page...

edited December 1969

Thanks mjc... that worked but the code is not the html I'm used to. But it worked. I'll make a little text file with this in it just in case.