Floor length hair? Anyone?

So I'm kind of surprised that I didn't see this anywhere in the forums.. I'm wondering.. Does anyone know of a product for sale here (or elsewhere, if you're allowed to make that suggestion - either here or via P.M.) for dForce hair that's floor length? I went through every hair product here that's Genesis 8 capatable and didn't see one. I hope I didn't just miss it.

If there's a reason why this doens't exist, I'd be very interested in knowing why also. (Might just be the kick in the butt I need to learn how to use Blender and Hexagon.)

For possibly the only reason being I like pictures, here's a real life example of what I'm looking for:

6e17a03ee715fa86d666ae4f872146f9.jpg
533 x 800 - 89K
969869_494059530674751_1457763830_n.jpg
323 x 480 - 22K
c4f2b40af673e7053a07e66ca126ac05.jpg
951 x 1473 - 236K
maxresdefault (1).jpg
1280 x 720 - 134K
maxresdefault (2).jpg
1280 x 720 - 162K
maxresdefault.jpg
1280 x 720 - 95K

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

if it doesn't exist it's probably because it's a very niche product, meaning not many users would need or use this style of hair.. You could try contacting PhilW to see if he could do a dforce product like this

I used to have hair down to my butt and dated a couple of girls with hair past their butt, but that is just crazy.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I haven’t tried it myself, but can’t you change the length of dForce hair?

• w00tusw00tus Posts: 20

if it doesn't exist it's probably because it's a very niche product, meaning not many users would need or use this style of hair.. You could try contacting PhilW to see if he could do a dforce product like this

I used to have hair down to my butt and dated a couple of girls with hair past their butt, but that is just crazy.

Good idea! :)

Gordig said:

I haven’t tried it myself, but can’t you change the length of dForce hair?

I tried to find what I could in the way of tutorials and youtubes, but didn't find much in depth. So I went and changed each parameter one at a time and simulated each difference. I did this mostly in the "surfaces" tab. I only found two setitngs that seemed to have any significant effect on the length of the hair. Those where: PS Generated Hair Scale and PR Generated Hair Scale. They can both make the hair longer. In render, the first one makes the hair WAY taller on top of the cap. The second one makes all of the hair redonkulously wide.

I had another thought, but I've not been able to figure out how to experiment with it. My thought was - edit PhilW's hair in Daz's built in strand based hair editor. Well.. One, no matter what I do, it simply will not open in that editor. I went back to the "Long Drape" product page to confirm that it was in fact strand based, and it was. Dug through the settings and that seemed to confirm. But it simply will not open no matter what I do. I also can't seem to export it to Hexagon either. Two, even after I scrapped that I idea and decided to just try and make my own from scratch in said strand hair editor.. I cannot get dForce to work at all. After a few hours, I managed to add a node to the hair, but after a few more hours was still not able to edit anything in this node. No weight, nothing.  All I get are error messages telling me to check the log. I will do that, but at the moment I'm simply too pissed off to even look at it.

I guess this is why graphic design is a 4 year degree.

• no you cannot edit strand based dforce hair

part of the reason only PA's can make it, they don't necessarily use the stand based hair editor to make it themselves 

some use Zbrush curves or other programs even Carrara hair and presumably Poser hair as that too imports to DAZ studio as curves, the dforce plugin they use is different to anything we have available to us like the HDmorph importer.

if it's not animated what you can do is just grow your own with the strand based editor

Wouldn't happen to know of a direction to point me where I could learn how to make dForce happen after I make some hair in Daz, would you? I don't mind reading or watching a lengthy video. I'm not from the TL;DR generation, lol.

Thanks everyone for your replies too!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 2019
    w00tus said:

Wouldn't happen to know of a direction to point me where I could learn how to make dForce happen after I make some hair in Daz, would you? I don't mind reading or watching a lengthy video. I'm not from the TL;DR generation, lol.

Thanks everyone for your replies too!

you cannot with strand based, well not as curves and made into mesh it will bluescreen your computer been there done that, its is a PA only plugin

the only other possibility if wanting Dforce is a transmapped hair if you can find one long enough, it can be a V4 etc one made into a prop the pivot set to 0,0,0 for the head

(use the bowtie shapped rigging  tool and toolsettings window or easier line up the head to 0,0,0 and export teimport an obj and reapply its textures most old hairs have those in materials or poses anyway)

and parented to the head, then use a dforce weight modifier

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    w00tus said:
    you cannot with strand based, well not as curves and made into mesh it will bluescreen your computer been there done that, its is a PA only plugin

the only other possibility if wanting Dforce is a transmapped hair if you can find one long enough, it can be a V4 etc one made into a prop the pivot set to 0,0,0 for the head

(use the bowtie shapped rigging  tool and toolsettings window or easier line up the head to 0,0,0 and export teimport an obj and reapply its textures most old hairs have those in materials or poses anyway)

and parented to the head, then use a dforce weight modifier

You miss, are a gentlewoman and a scholar! Thank you! I"m glad I read this before trying it again. Blue screens.. Yuk..

I am definitely going to do what you suggested and most likely learn a lot along the way. By transmapped (I'm the noobiest noob here, I'd bet a dollar), you mean a mesh with a 2D graphic transposed on it, right? I duckducked the term, but didn't see anything definitive. (My greatest curse as a noob to anything is that I don't know what questions to ask or even how to ask them in a search engine.) The rest of it I understood somehow, lol. (I tried to make a pair of shoes prettier and after a ton of bumbling around, ended up doing something similar.)

This is going to be great! After making some hair, I think I'll venture into some cloths. If that goes well, I'd kind of like to try my hand at making some d-force flames You know, to make one of those q-tip things you see at luaus. Or possibly an angry mob! ;)

Again, thank you very much for all of your help and taking the time to do so!

• yes ribbons basically with an opacity map of strands, are many out there

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

You can change the length of some of the dforce hairs; Phil Ws are my go-to hairs.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Femme Fatale Hair.png
    1273 x 1800 - 3M
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,115

I want my Character Mary to have Rapunzel long hair.    Not sure how she lives with it.