Face Transfer for old genesis

Face Transfer for old genesis, please.

Comments

• Which "old genesis" do you mean?

Not that it's likely to happen, whichever one you want. Probably better to look for products that allow transfer of characters from G8 to earlier versions. Then you can run the existing face transfer to create a new G8 character, and then change it to the version you actually want.

• I honestly don't know since this plugin is actually integrated

why

DAZ cannot retro add this and other features to all their figures,

they still sell content for everything 

they still all work

but then I never understood the only creating new content for the last figure thing either

• For the same reason that creating a new character for G8F does not automatically create the same character for G3F, G2F, G1, V4 and whatever other stuff there is out there. Different generations of Daz character are different figures, with different bones, UVs and geometries. Making things for any one of them does not mean there's not a load of work involved in re-making it for another.

• I never said that cheeky

just once a new base figure is released all subsequent products are only for that one, immediate redundancy 

given the exception a few genesis 3 versions of genesis 8 stuff sometimes is included mostly with hairs

but it seems an unwritten if not actual rule you cannot suddenly decide to release something for Aiko3 because thats your favourite classic figure you still use, it's unheard of even if some might actually make stuff for their own use

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 2019

DAZ are not alone here

I have a perfectly good Samsung galaxy no longer supported by Google play

a collection of robust indestructible Nokia phones that cannot use modern SIM cards

its the age of waste and redundancy 

at a time when we should be realising the world's resources are finite and waste is a massive issue but money and capitalism rules

not applicable to 3D figures of course cheeky

this is the one time it sort of can be justified 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

I honestly don't know since this plugin is actually integrated

why

DAZ cannot retro add this and other features to all their figures,

Oh, they definitely could. But they obviously don't think it would be worth the time and resources they'd need to invest for that.

they still sell content for everything 

Selling content which already exists doesn't require additional resources.

but then I never understood the only creating new content for the last figure thing either

That one is pretty simple: vendors create content for new figures only because that's what sells best, as most customers use the newest figure.
    If you make new content for older figures, you basically spend the same time creating your product as you would for the new figure but get only a fraction of the sales. If your main income depends on sales, then the choice is easy.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

Even if your main income DOESN'T depend on sales, if I want to make cool stuff people enjoy, I'd rather make a cool thing 100 people enjoy than a cool thing 10 people enjoy.

• I have been working to try to create more male characters, and thought is I started with Genesis 8 in design and worked to transfer the morphs as far back as I could and retain the look of the character, that to make that character available in one pack to multiple generations would increase the likelyhood of more sales. Now since I am new to this, I have just gotten close to finishing the Genesis 8 version. I will try to convert it then to 3 and if successful add to the character pack and go as far as I can before trying to release the first pack.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

but it seems an unwritten if not actual rule you cannot suddenly decide to release something for Aiko3 because thats your favourite classic figure you still use, it's unheard of even if some might actually make stuff for their own use

Lord of Snow for Michael/Hiro 4 was released during the Genesis 3 era.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    Gordig said:

Lord of Snow for Michael/Hiro 4 was released during the Genesis 3 era.

Content for V4 is still released today at other stores.

As for Lord of Snow, it was released just after the RDNA buyout by a PA who released generation 4 content there, so my guess would be that it was supposed to be released at RDNA initially and Daz put it in the store since it was ready.