Runtim install instructions for Carrara

VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've always put my Daz3D stuff in my poser Runtime, and it always worked fine. Now, with the Genesis (1) stuff, My Carrara simply can't find some .cr2 file for any attempt at adding a Character. So I'm going to re-install everything.

- Must I absolutely have Poser intalled to use Daz products in Carrara? or just the poser Runtime structure?
- What is the best way, in your opinion to install that Runtime structure, or library, to make it as easy as possible to simply use the Daz Install manager, and load figures?

I could not find any clear instructions on how to do it.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

telecino said:
    I've always put my Daz3D stuff in my poser Runtime, and it always worked fine. Now, with the Genesis (1) stuff, My Carrara simply can't find some .cr2 file for any attempt at adding a Character. So I'm going to re-install everything.

- Must I absolutely have Poser intalled to use Daz products in Carrara? or just the poser Runtime structure?
    - What is the best way, in your opinion to install that Runtime structure, or library, to make it as easy as possible to simply use the Daz Install manager, and load figures?

I could not find any clear instructions on how to do it.

No idea about Genesis, but I don't have Poser. Well, I did have a Poser 6 demo that has long since gone bye bye, and I have no problems with using Carrara 7.2 Pro's Content browser to load runtimes. I seem to recall that to use the old Transposer plugin for Carrara, you needed Poser installed on your system. I could be remembering that wrong*.

*See signature.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

You don't need Poser installed, but Genesis items will not be in Poser format. Carrara 8.5 reads the .duf format.

• VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

I've installed quite a few Genesis products now, and they don't show up in the smart content (Content Manager is running, other stuff show up).

Gabi for V5 doesn't show up in the smart content, but I can load her via the content runtime folder. Then she loads super ugly, and I can't apply mats or morphs... it just won't work.

- Shouldn't she appear in the smart content?
    - Where must the Evolution Body Morph be installed for Carrara to recognize them?

• VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

GOT IT! I had to REGISTER my copy of Daz Studio 4.6 before installing everything. And since I only care about Carrara, I would not have tought about this. It should be indicated that DS4.6 must be installed and registered for Carrara smart content to load correctly. (just saying)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

telecino said:
    GOT IT! I had to REGISTER my copy of Daz Studio 4.6 before installing everything. And since I only care about Carrara, I would not have tought about this. It should be indicated that DS4.6 must be installed and registered for Carrara smart content to load correctly. (just saying)

No arguments from me. I don't have C8.5, so have not had to deal with the headache that is Genesis. ;-) My personal feeling is that if I want to use Genesis, I shouldn't have to use D|S. If I wanted Studio, I would use Studio. I don't want to use it, so why should I have to install it and eat up HD space?!?