an error occurred while executing save as

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Ouch. Has anyone else gotten this. Is there a way to save anyway? Will I lose everything since my last save if I exit?

And yes, that is why I entered my current WIP as my final entry for the monthly challenge.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Will a plain old Save command work? Or does that message crop up no matter what you do?

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited February 2014

diomede64 said:
    Ouch. Has anyone else gotten this. Is there a way to save anyway? Will I lose everything since my last save if I exit?

I get the same thing quite frequently. I've found that if I dismiss the error dialog box and try to save a second time, the save succeeds. (I'm on a Mac.)

I've attempted to report this to DAZ, but of course they can't reproduce the problem.:-S

Edit: Also, see this thread that I started last October on the same subject.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30636/

Post edited by de3an on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    diomede64 said:

I get the same thing quite frequently. I've found that if I dismiss the error dialog box and try to save a second time, the save succeeds. (I'm on a Mac.)

I've attempted to report this to DAZ, but of course they can't reproduce the problem.:-S

Edit: Also, see this thread that I started last October on the same subject.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30636/

Thank you!

That thread had a great suggestion by Wendy. I was able to group everything (except scene settings), then drag to the browser. Note, I still got the error when trying a simple save, or repeating save as after consolidating shaders, etc. But the group plus browser suggestion worked. Of course, I will have to redo the scene settings but that isn't as big a deal.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi All :)

This error is usually because something in the scene has been removed but still has some dependencies, whether that's an object you've deleted, or a texture set you've changed several times...

Before saving, make sure that you clean out any deleted items or changed-out material sets by using the
    Edit / Remove unused / Objects ... then Shaders, etc

Hope it helps

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749
    edited December 1969

Another possibility (but one which most likely won't occur that often) could be memory usage. Now, I think most of you will run DS while making sure that not too many other programs are running, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

I've been in situations in the past where I had these errors and it turned out to be memory related. I closed most other programs which were running in the background after which I could save normally again. In the mean time I've increased my memory amount (and a new version of DS has also been released) so these days I haven't experienced that problem.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi All :)

This error is usually because something in the scene has been removed but still has some dependencies, whether that's an object you've deleted, or a texture set you've changed several times...

Before saving, make sure that you clean out any deleted items or changed-out material sets by using the
    Edit / Remove unused / Objects ... then Shaders, etc

Hope it helps

Hey...where have you been!!! Missed you loads!

xxxxxxxx ;) SileneUK