Latissimus are supposed to MOVE/FLEX, not COLLIDE with TRICEPS in arms down position!

I've seen many great muscle products over the years, but they all have this same irksome problem... they have no FLEXION or NATURAL MOVEMENT for the Lats!

There are morph dials to make them larger or smaller, but they automatically dial way up with the other muscle, and must be manually adjusted on a per-pose basis rather than behaving like the muscles they are.

Alot of the time this forces me to unlock morph dials and put them into the NEGATIVE, which can have weird results.

The addition of an auto-flexion for the lats (that moves them when the arms come down), and/or a pose/adjustment dial that doesn't override the base muscularity would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

I have complained about this also in the past. To me it is the biggest gripe because it ruins so many otherwise perfect poses.

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 286

Arm and shoulder movements that proceed from in front of the body to midline or posteriorly should show shortening contractions of the latissimus dorsi. The scapula should also move toward the spine. Note that movement in the opposite direction during which the character is trying to resist the movement would result in either isometric contraction (if successfully resisted) or eccentric contraction of the lats. A good example would be someone engaged in tug of war. If they are pulling the rope towards them, the latissisumus would be contracting along with posterior deltoids, trapezius and rhomboids muscles. Contraction of the abdominal muscles and spinal muscles would also be important for stabilizing the core. If there is a stalemate in the tug of war or the person is losing rope, those muscles would still be contracting. In an eccentric contraction the muscle is still contracting but not enough to prevent movement (some call this a lengthening contraction).

Another thing I have noted is that none of the models display dominant arm hypertrophy. If the individual engages in regular physical exertion in which one limb is relied on more (right handed, left handed) that limb should be more muscular than the other. In a sword and shield fighter the pattern of hypertrophy would be different between the two arms. The legs are usually fairly symetrical unless for some reason one leg is used differently than the other (right-footed american football kicker) or injury occurs.

For most individuals, the shoulder of the dominant arm is slightly lower than the non-dominant arm barring any previous injuries.