my shaders

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi!!! I have a folder "my shaders" saturated, and I don't understand how to create a new "my shaders2"!... thank you for help!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Your Carrara Browser
    Making great stuff isn’t as cool if you can’t remember where you put it. Let’s get some good habits going right from the start

Using the methods in the article above, I have created a rather useful library for storing and retrieving files from within Carrara's browser. It's awesome!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

The simplest method is to create a folder somewhere on your hard drive. It could even be an external drive or volume. Name it something unique. Then open Carrara, select the tab for the Shader browser, and locate the little black icon on the top right side of the Browser window and click it. A menu will appear where you have the option to add a folder. Navigate to your folder and choose it. You will be asked what type of shader it is. Select the appropriate one. Don't worry if you think you got it wrong. I haven't noticed any limitations to choosing grayscale for instance, and then saving a colored shader in the same directory.

Dart's great article aside, the best thing about the Browser is your ability to customize it and add your own directories/folders. Dart's method is great, but I'm not a fan of all of it, which is also okay.

Picture_2.png
    264 x 236 - 15K
    Picture_3.png
    679 x 406 - 83K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I guess I like to take 'Top'! :)
    My method nicely places your directories at the top of each browser window, rather than the bottom.
    evilproducer is correct, though... to each his/her own ;)