Carrara wont import .obj files in Mac OS Catalina

Since upgrading to OS Catalina (big mistake), I've been unable to import .obj files in to Carrara. Does Daz plan to fix this or do I need to move on and find another modeling program?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I'm really sorry that nobody's responded yet. I have no clue how to work a Mac, so I'm clueless what you might be able to do to resolve this.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Not sure if this is helpful to your problem but maybe check this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/357626/macos-catalina

I'm still on Yosemite so can't offer much advice, sorry. I think there is another thread, but seems like the doomsday clock for Mac OS and Carrara is striking midnight? sad no

• Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. Carrara was the first 3D program I ever used and one of the few I really felt comfortable using. It's so sad to see it languish like this.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

It isn't languishing for me! :)

I Love Carrara!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 2019

can always grab a cheap extra PC as well

I do want to grab an extra Mac computer for stuff like Garage band and Artmatic Voyager but cannot afford one cheeky there sadly is no cheap Mac devil

I can fully understand not wanting to use something to work in you don't like, I feel that way about DAZ studio, but its a necessary evil to get DAZ content into the programs I use.

A PC .car file should AFAIK still open in Mac if you used it as an importer

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on