Carrara Pros in Ohio

msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello Carraraites,

I have asked this question before with no results but after a year I thought I would ask again. I am looking for any Animation Professionals using Carrara based in Ohio. Don't miss understand, I have nothing against hobbyists. I've enjoyed the Carrara hobbyists work for years. I simply need someone who can work within a design box and have no problem sticking to deadlines living in my neck of the woods. So, any Carrara pros out there based in Ohio. Lets talk.

Theo_Howdy_copy.jpg
800 x 860 - 433K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I wish I lived in your neck of the woods.
    And I wish I could call myself a professional animator.
    Man, it would a fun profession, hooking up with you and bring life to pixels that would otherwise have none.
    I certainly enjoy seeing example of your work!
    Good luck, and I think it's really cool that you inquire here.

• msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
    edited February 2014

Thanks Dartanbeck,

It seemed only logical to search via the forums but so far I'm starting to think I'm the only Carraraite pro in Ohio...weird. I hire artist that use other apps like C4D, and Maya but another Carrara artist on the team would be great. I don't necessarily need another animator( though that would be nice ) I could really use someone versed in UV mapping, texturing, modeling and DAZ models. I have no problem speaking to anyone aspiring to turn their beloved hobby into a profession.

Also, I just landed a gig to create a 3D animated character for each school in a 7 school system. I'll post it when It's done. After 35 years in the field I still get paid to have fun.

Post edited by msolomon on
    edited December 1969

Very cool!
    Funny you say that, Texturing and UV Mapping is what pulled me in to 3d in the first place! :)
    Can't say I blame you for wanting someone else to do that part. It can be a real time-consumer when you have other, pressing things to finish too. I take pride in many of the UV Mapping jobs that I've done. But there's always a model or models that can give a person a hard time. I'm finally starting to fell much more 'at home' with that in Carrara. UV mapping in Carrara is still new to me, but with my past experience, I must say that we at least have some decent tools to help us make a nice map.

edited December 1969

Very cool!
    Funny you say that, Texturing and UV Mapping is what pulled me in to 3d in the first place! :)
    Can't say I blame you for wanting someone else to do that part. It can be a real time-consumer when you have other, pressing things to finish too. I take pride in many of the UV Mapping jobs that I've done. But there's always a model or models that can give a person a hard time. I'm finally starting to fell much more 'at home' with that in Carrara. UV mapping in Carrara is still new to me, but with my past experience, I must say that we at least have some decent tools to help us make a nice map.

My producer and I are constantly looking for someone to help support my animation responsibilities. I actually like every part of the creative process but unfortunately I am only human and there is only 12 hours in a day. Other wise I would hog all the fun.

edited December 1969

I hear that!
    All of the various aspects are so rewarding - constantly. As stuff needs to become visualized, we need to pull that off - which is the real rush of it all! From the shaders to the honing of the tweeners to the final render and post... it's all a good time.

edited December 1969

I hear that!
    All of the various aspects are so rewarding - constantly. As stuff needs to become visualized, we need to pull that off - which is the real rush of it all! From the shaders to the honing of the tweeners to the final render and post... it's all a good time.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, I've been watching your tutorials on C8 lately. They are very good. I'm planning on doing some myself. I've learned so much from others, it's time to give back.

edited December 1969

If there are no Carrara Pros in Ohio how about Michigan. I visit Michigan frequently and trying to grab some business there.

edited December 1969

Awesome!
    I have more plans for that too.

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

MSolomon said:
    there is only 12 hours in a day.

LOL You either work too much or sleep too much.

edited December 1969

MSolomon said:
    there is only 12 hours in a day.

LOL You either work too much or sleep too much.

LOL, Good point. It is defiantly on the to much work end.

• aonyn_8f8d27bdf1aonyn_8f8d27bdf1 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

MSolomon,

I am not far from Ohio, living in Morgantown WV.

If I would be within range for you, I would certainly be willing to talk and find out what you have in mind.
    I do 3d professionally, though mostly focused on realtime development in Unity (much of my asset development is Carrara)
    I can tell you more of what I do if / when we talk.

Regards,
    David