Ladder missing for a High bed

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
edited December 2019 in Product Suggestions

Hi!

I got this room:

https://www.daz3d.com/fg-dorm-room

but.... where are the ladders to climb up on the upper bed? O_o? I mean... how are the chars supposed to climb up there? :(

(but anyway I can not render the room... will make for this another thread)

So i checked renderostiy for a ladder, but couldnt find one...

okay, i just found this:

https://sharecg.com/v/67830/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Ladder-prop-for-Daz-Studio

or have someone a better solution? I mean... the people will not use the chair and climb up there or?....

thanks ^_^

Maybe the vendor will add one.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• maybe they climb on the desk

sets in the DAZ world have rooms without doors, toilets without seats and you expect a ladder cheeky

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

maybe they climb on the desk

sets in the DAZ world have rooms without doors, toilets without seats and you expect a ladder cheeky

how evil!....

my toilet dont have a seat... I did sit on it and it did break... fresh buyed for my new home... it says up to 150kg and I dont reached that much :O

(okay I am over 100....) but damn it was new xD okay just 15€....

but come on it need a ladder :D

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I don’t think I’ve ever slept in a bunk bed with a dedicated ladder, whether when my brother and I were young or during my time in the military. We just climbed up the slats at the head or foot of the bed. 

yeah I thinked about it too, but... my beds had always ladders :D

• The bunk bed I had as a lad didn't have a ladder, either...  Then again, I was the only one who slept in it, and the top bunk had toys piled on it.  :D

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I knew I'd made a bunk bed once upon a time and I finally found it. I doubt it's worth your while buying the pack just for a ladder, but I'll post the link anyway. There may be other stuff in there you can use.

Home One Bedroom

HObedroomPop04daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 203K

Oh I like the design :)

but I think right now I will first try to handle how I can render any 3d room... because my last time doesnt work... -_-

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I was in the top bunk at boarding school, and none of them had ladders.

• Of course, one CAN make a ladder out of cube prims, adjusting the widths and lengths accordingly, link them (gotta checkbox Link In Place at the bottom of this pane or the prims will move to the center of the parented object), then go to the bed, go to the Surfaces tab and select the surface the wood is on, right click on that section in there and select Copy Selected Surface, then select your just-made ladder in Surfaces, right click in the Surfaces for it and invoke Paste Selected Surfaces.  If the bed was Iray instead of 3DLight, you'll first need to go to the DAZ Uber shaders (...>Shader Presets>Iray>DAZ Uber>) and apply !Iray Uber Base to the ladder first, to convert the ladder over from the default 3dlight shader format, or the iray shaders will get applied a little screwy and won't match the relevant part of the bed.

Of course, one CAN make a ladder out of cube prims, adjusting the widths and lengths accordingly, link them (gotta checkbox Link In Place at the bottom of this pane or the prims will move to the center of the parented object), then go to the bed, go to the Surfaces tab and select the surface the wood is on, right click on that section in there and select Copy Selected Surface, then select your just-made ladder in Surfaces, right click in the Surfaces for it and invoke Paste Selected Surfaces.  If the bed was Iray instead of 3DLight, you'll first need to go to the DAZ Uber shaders (...>Shader Presets>Iray>DAZ Uber>) and apply !Iray Uber Base to the ladder first, to convert the ladder over from the default 3dlight shader format, or the iray shaders will get applied a little screwy and won't match the relevant part of the bed.

sounds like its normal for you to make own objects :D I'm sure I will find a ladder prop from some other scene and just grab it over :D

but anyway I dont think my PC can atm. handle the rom anyway -_-....