ingenuities?

2»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

woeful, havrn't been able to reproduce this for my movii production. tried many times the last couple months.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

By the comment of his video listing "Sphere turning into 800,000 tiny Particles", I can't help but think that he used the Replicator (Not surface rep) to turn a single cube into a sphere. Watching it seems to reveal that there are physical forces being used - likely more than one, and they likely change over time - so it's hard to figure out exactly how to reproduce it perfectly, that's for sure. Keep in mind that DT truly is a genius with this stuff. He spent a LOT of hours working on these things.

Have you tried reaching out to him?

edited January 2020

By the comment of his video listing "Sphere turning into 800,000 tiny Particles", I can't help but think that he used the Replicator (Not surface rep) to turn a single cube into a sphere. Watching it seems to reveal that there are physical forces being used - likely more than one, and they likely change over time - so it's hard to figure out exactly how to reproduce it perfectly, that's for sure. Keep in mind that DT truly is a genius with this stuff. He spent a LOT of hours working on these things.

Have you tried reaching out to him?

tried pm and a comment on the utoob 

searched the carrara cafe

Post edited by Mistara on

Hmmm

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

I'm 99.97% sure that he used a particle generator with the sphere's surface as the emitter, and various animated forces in the scene.

I was on the forum when he introduced several examples of this, and that's the method that I remember him describing.

There are so many parameters involved that affect the appearance of the final animation that it would take a lot of trial and error to produce a particular result. And it really bogs down the computer, so experimentation is time consuming.

Things to consider; Scene gravity (probably should be zero) - Particle creation velocity (probably should also be zero) - Generating enough particles to cover the shape before animation starts - Hiding the solid emitter shape after animation starts to give the impression that it has turned to particles - Controlling the timing of the forces so that particles are not scattered prematurely - And probably a dozen other settings.

It's hard.

I posted a couple of my attempts earlier in the Post Your Renders thread:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5100961/#Comment_5100961
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5103771/#Comment_5103771

de3an said:

I'm 99.97% sure that he used a particle generator with the sphere's surface as the emitter, and various animated forces in the scene.

I was on the forum when he introduced several examples of this, and that's the method that I remember him describing.

There are so many parameters involved that affect the appearance of the final animation that it would take a lot of trial and error to produce a particular result. And it really bogs down the computer, so experimentation is time consuming.

Things to consider; Scene gravity (probably should be zero) - Particle creation velocity (probably should also be zero) - Generating enough particles to cover the shape before animation starts - Hiding the solid emitter shape after animation starts to give the impression that it has turned to particles - Controlling the timing of the forces so that particles are not scattered prematurely - And probably a dozen other settings.

It's hard.

I posted a couple of my attempts earlier in the Post Your Renders thread:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5100961/#Comment_5100961
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5103771/#Comment_5103771

Good call! Yeah, I remember that thread on the old forums. I was too green to make much out of it all! LOL Still am - especially when it comes to that! I'm glad that I'm finally using the particles emitter and forces. Fun stuff!

de3an said:

I was also thinking more than one point force. And looking at it now I think maybe some added damping forces as well (gently holding some particles centrally) - all forces with animated strength values.

...and you're right. Fiddly. I do recall DT spending a LOT of time on this stuff!

ever see that thing. it looks like water splashing on the camera lens?  they do a lot of it in witcher 3