woes importing animates

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    Mystarra said:

too bad importer doesnt work.

the long way time consuming project.  all cuz i wanna see m8 belly dance >.<

bake them on genesis  1 in DS

save as animated pose duf

apply to genesis 8 use pose controls to rotate arms down 45° legs out 6°

save again as an animated duf pose

use that in Carrara

That's Awesome!!!

I love that we can use aniMate 2 to bake custom aniBlocks!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

saving sound clips in a nla clip enlightened would be a neat trick. like a lip smackeroo

I had a sound file in Carrara once to test out Mimic Pro in Carrara, but was really green then. I wonder if that sound clip can be messed with like an NLA? Hmmm...

PhilW's course sure inspires in this stuff though, eh? 

Personally, I'll be muting any of the sound that might exist in my renders and doing the sound separately in post.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

I do that too, but having some version of the sound available during the animation for a sort of previz (timing/feeling)has always been helpful, although like you, I usually redo and tweak things for the final in post in the video editor.

--ms

edited January 2020

i really wish there was a way a collision detection could  generate a keyframe, to sync a sound effect

Post edited by Mistara on
    mindsong said:

I do that too, but having some version of the sound available during the animation for a sort of previz (timing/feeling)has always been helpful, although like you, I usually redo and tweak things for the final in post in the video editor.

--ms

Absolutely! I use the sound file in Carrara for lining things up. Handy to have the waveform in the sequencer!

Mystarra said:

i really wish there was a way a collision detection could  generate a keyframe, to sync a sound effect

?

• just reviving this because of an email

ironically Misty calling then animates made it easy to search the forum as all the results for that word are her posts devil

LoLL

i think there used to be a thread dedicated to splines.  think has been a few years since it sank into the river styx

So I'm assuming that, for Jonathon and Janette being Genesis 3 we need to bake Genesis 3 aniBlocks to the DS timeline and save as a DUF pose file?

I'll try:

• Load base Genesis 3 into Daz Studio
    • Apply aniBlock
    • Bake to Daz Studio Timeline
    • Save as DUF pose file
    • Apply DUF pose (argh... they take forever to load in Carrara) to Jonathon/Janette in Carrara

yep, that the way. smiley

this clip has michael 8 using the belly dancing aniblock, converted by using Wendy's bake method. 
    and once loaded into Carrara, saved as a nla clip.

Silly me.

I go through a whole collection of aniBlocks, converting them one by one to DUF animated pose files before ever testing one. To my absolute delight, they work extremely well! It's a real easy process and takes very little time for small collections. I'll have a whole bunch done in no time once I set to getting that done.

So I think you can tell that I bought Jonathon and Janette.I also got the Genesis 3 addon for Generation X2, Mika 7 and some other fun Genesis 3 morphs, clothes, etc.,

I got busy converting all of my Genesis 3 clothing to Blended Weights and, while I was at it, auto-fit some of my Genesis 2 clothing and saved that as well. I know that I've tried saving auto-fit clothing before without any success. Perhaps the conversion to blended weights makes a difference, even on stuff that doesn't require it? I don't know, but everything I've tried so far works beautifully!

Rock On!!!

woes, the belly dance animates i keyframe baked for m8 not working properly on iothers.  is not bake one fits all  

so, once i save the nla clip, next time i load the figure, i dont't need to redo the ik booties?

just drop in the nla and good to go? thats the way is supposed to happen?

ik workings still confusing