Altitude Mask greyed out.

edited January 2020 in Bryce Discussion

For some reason, Distance Mask and Altitude Mask are greyed out in Bryce.   I have not been able to figure out why, or how to change things because I now need them   Argh.   Any ideas?

BryceHeight01.jpg
225 x 503 - 58K
BryceHeight02.jpg
701 x 377 - 143K
Post edited by dolphpun_6f00a58ec5 on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

dolphpun - never saw such and I can't help. Just a suggestion. Have you tried Edit > Reset to Defaults?

• Horo said:

dolphpun - never saw such and I can't help. Just a suggestion. Have you tried Edit > Reset to Defaults?

Oh yea.  Basic things I have done. 

edited January 2020

It appears that the Bryce you run is the PLE version. In the Bryce main folder there is a hidden file named Bryce70.dta, it is a text file and if the serial number starts with BDZPLED-070 it is the PLE edition. The pro starts with BDZCPRO-070. You can also check when clicking on Help > About Bryce (hold the Ctrl key when clicking About Bryce). The PLE version number is 7.1.0.74, the Pro 7.1.0.109.

You need the Pro version. Both version are the same but the serial number is different. I still have both version back from the development cycle and when I start the PLE, Distant and Altitude Mask are both greyed out. Not so in the PRO version.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Being a loyal customer, I upgraded from earlier versions.   Apparently not to Pro.  (BDZSTND)   I have now.   That solved problem.   Thank you for your time, it was really helpful.

You're very welcome. Thank you for reporting back. So there's yet a Standard around. I thought Daz 3D has only the Pro left. I don't have the Standard and don't remember what the restrictions (if any) are with this version.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    Horo said:

You're very welcome. Thank you for reporting back. So there's yet a Standard around. I thought Daz 3D has only the Pro left. I don't have the Standard and don't remember what the restrictions (if any) are with this version.

_yeah, did also   _ +1

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited January 2020

_also look AT  THIS

2BRYC-PRO-1.png
    1920 x 705 - 240K
    Post edited by ed3D on