@RiverSoftArt Billboards getting (more) kids

2»

Comments

• Riversoft, how about a billboard script?

Basaically you drop it in and it'll set up a 72 frame billboard render allowing people to make custom billboards?

Considering it takes 3 weeks to make one, I doubt it will conflcit with your own sales, and would allow people to have flexibility as well.

Basaically you drop it in and it'll set up a 72 frame billboard render allowing people to make custom billboards?

Considering it takes 3 weeks to make one, I doubt it will conflcit with your own sales, and would allow people to have flexibility as well.

By setting up a scene with animation on the figure and camera, you can do this yourself.  No script required.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 474
    edited January 2020
    efron_24 said:

For billboards it would be good to have some "same people" in different poses.. so you can use them in a comic...

in a row of images  as in ... walking not just one image of the person.. but a row of them... so you can see them pass by

sport billboards would be welcome...

volleyball / basketball... (female) also the Beach versions

Thank you for the requests.  The problem with the same people is that it means less individual people overall; much less of a crowd smiley

-=> Great for "story tellers" .. so you have some of the same people in the background..

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • efron_24 said:
    efron_24 said:

For billboards it would be good to have some "same people" in different poses.. so you can use them in a comic...

in a row of images  as in ... walking not just one image of the person.. but a row of them... so you can see them pass by

sport billboards would be welcome...

volleyball / basketball... (female) also the Beach versions

Thank you for the requests.  The problem with the same people is that it means less individual people overall; much less of a crowd smiley

-=> Great for "story tellers" .. so you have some of the same people in the background..

Yeah, it is always a balance.  I do repeat some characters in different now-crowd sets.

By setting up a scene with animation on the figure and camera, you can do this yourself.  No script required.

And I'm sure there are people who'd pay for setup that you could just drop into a scene with a preexisting character...

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Petercat said:

But I must also save money, i wanna buy a new PC, now I learned Daz Studios basics and I love it... I need a PC who can handle it!

See Attachment, Actual Rendertime 4hours and 21 Minutes, just 439 Iteration's. it takes soo long... and I did reduce it from UHD to Quad HD... I have to wait a half day for finishing the image :(

and I had already to delete a person because 2 is enough work -_-... so I hope you work slow so I can buy them xD (I guess I can buy them anyway just in sales... I prefer to buy normally content for ~10€/$ higher ones think I a bit more about it^^).

But with your billboards, I'm sure I can create bigger scenes :D and my images doesnt look anymore so... "empty".

You can create your own billboard images and use them on the Now Crowd billboard, you just have to move and rotate the billboard manually.
    You have to render an image with a blank background, and use/modify that image as a black-and-white silhouette for a transparency map. There's a thread somewhere here in the forums that explains how.
    I.ve done this with quite a few of my characters in different poses and rotations, for scenes with a crowd in them.

Of course, I have to do this for my webcomic, because if I keep using the same Now-Crowd people, my readers would notice.

I'm too lazy to do it xD... I would prefer someone do it for me ^_^

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited September 2020

Hey, I just wanna throw in another Idea for maybe a upcoming Billboard thing :)

I just building up a Store scene, and use a HDRI with a Parking zone and now I see:

the Parking area is complete empty :(

And I found some low poly cars, but... they ARE low poly, not even doors are there^^.... I checked my cars and they have a LOT polygons.

So whatabout "Vehicle" Billboards, maybe even some with peoples inside, and 1-2 Bus variations one with peoples, one without and maybe another with a other value, maybe you can create such filled bus with your own already created billboards "sitting people".

Well, I hope you can take this idea, that would be nice to fill some scenes :) And maybe parked bikes or a station with parked bikes.

Post edited by Loony on
  • First of all, thanks for the wonderful crowds! I wish I'd found them sooner. But I have to echo what some others have said - more children would be good. Especially for the school-themed packs. All of the "kids" in those look like young adults, maybe older teenagers or college students. If you had a set of actual school children, with a broader age range, I would be one of the first to purchase it. 

Thanks!

• Loony said:

Hey, I just wanna throw in another Idea for maybe a upcoming Billboard thing :)

I just building up a Store scene, and use a HDRI with a Parking zone and now I see:

the Parking area is complete empty :(

And I found some low poly cars, but... they ARE low poly, not even doors are there^^.... I checked my cars and they have a LOT polygons.

So whatabout "Vehicle" Billboards, maybe even some with peoples inside, and 1-2 Bus variations one with peoples, one without and maybe another with a other value, maybe you can create such filled bus with your own already created billboards "sitting people".

Well, I hope you can take this idea, that would be nice to fill some scenes :) And maybe parked bikes or a station with parked bikes.

Thank you for the suggestion (sorry for the late response.  I did not see it).  I have hesitated to do this as billboards of just cars (with no people) would cannibalize the sales of PAs who created the cars.  However, I have decided that it should be ok to do billboards of cars WITH people inside as that is unique and hopefully won't cannibalize sales, so this is on my oh-so-long-to-do list smiley (and I hadn't thought of the buses... good idea if a really big pain to set up surprise)

• mdlark1966 said:

First of all, thanks for the wonderful crowds! I wish I'd found them sooner. But I have to echo what some others have said - more children would be good. Especially for the school-themed packs. All of the "kids" in those look like young adults, maybe older teenagers or college students. If you had a set of actual school children, with a broader age range, I would be one of the first to purchase it. 

Thanks!

You're welcome! 

A kids product is on my list, though I was thinking of making it more of a Day at the Park type product (so other age ranges too).  The problem with broad age ranges is they wouldn't work for the same classroom though.