Hi I've been away for a while and got locked out of My Account

Blakrunner66Blakrunner66 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, last username I used to go under was blakrunner, as I've been away for a couple of years I can't access my account and have lost a lot of files and serial numbers. What can I do to get back what I've lost???

:)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you don't remember your login details, you'll need to contact support.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

To log in to your old account you need to use the email address that you used to create it, as that is the current username, and then the password that you created at the time. You don't log in as Blakrunner.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    To log in to your old account you need to use the email address that you used to create it, as that is the current username, and then the password that you created at the time. You don't log in as Blakrunner.

And said process will not work if old email address is no longer valid. Support is the only way to go.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

And said process will not work if old email address is no longer valid. Support is the only way to go.

That is not actually true. I know of someone who can still log in to DAZ 3D even though the email provider has seen fit to disable the email address because he wasn't using it for anything else except the DAZ 3D log in, so they considered it a defunct account.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

My daughters can still log in, even though the email provider they used to sign up has gone the way of the dodo...

I really should get them to update their email accounts here...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

That is not actually true. I know of someone who can still log in to DAZ 3D even though the email provider has seen fit to disable the email address because he wasn't using it for anything else except the DAZ 3D log in, so they considered it a defunct account.

Yes it is actually true ... is why I'm so many people ... sigh. My old email wasn't put out to pasture though it was a cancellation which happens when cancelling services. And then all the places wherein one uses an email address so thoughtfully figured that even though one was using said email address and proper password to log in, nope. Had to become somebody else. Funsville now too 'cause one of the website's with which this happened, happens to be the ISP's.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

if money has passed hands it is usually just a matter of contacting customer service on most sites.
    A trail has been established
    I find FREE sites my most difficult thing
    lost access to vimeo, flickr among others through cancelling my Yahoo account
    and no way to re-establish those accounts
    where I have paid for stuff on sites it is usually been very easy to establish my identity through paypal ir credit info like a transaction or an order number etc

• Blakrunner66Blakrunner66 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanx for the replies will have to get in touch with support as old email address with Blakrunner account is gone...