Painterly texture required.

gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
edited January 2020 in Product Suggestions

Hi all

Was wonderiing if someone could maybe make a tileable painterly texture. Not the large-scale textures you get on walls, but more of an artistic painterly texture like in works of art, where you can see the artist's brusk strokes.

Would probably need only a Bump Map and Normal Map (maybe displacement?)

Something like in this sample:

No Diffuse Maps or anything required. Just the Bump and Normal which you can apply to a surface you already have, for example a painting.

If anyone an do this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Hi all

Was wonderiing if someone could maybe make a tileable painterly texture. Not the large-scale textures you get on walls, but more of an artistic painterly texture like in works of art, where you can see the artist's brusk strokes.

Would probably need only a Bump Map and Normal Map (maybe displacement?)

Something like in this sample:

No Diffuse Maps or anything required. Just the Bump and Normal which you can apply to a surface you already have, for example a painting.

If anyone an do this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks

If you're hoping to do what I think you are, that isn't going to work.

The brush strokes are as much a part of the painting as the image itself. One can run images through filters in PSP, Photoshop, etc. to create the look of a painting and that's the image that would need then the bump, displacement, etc.

I made a canvas and filter type normal, filter black/white for bump/disp. - that is not a tileable image ... however you can give it a whirl and see if it'll work for you. Sending you a PM with the link.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

you would be better off running your image through Dynamic Auto Painter then creating a Normal map from that using something such as Materialise or Normal map online.

Then the diffuse will match the normal.

• Moved to Product Suggestions as it is a  request for, not an offer of, freebies.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,900

I can make a seamless map out of the above picture. Do you own the rights to it?