Daz Studio Built in Advanced 3D Modeler

Now that would be a great idea!  Be able to model our sets, with all 3D Modeling functions as well so we can use DAZ Shaders to texture our sets, and props we create all in one program!  It would be especially handy for content creators to be able to package everything as a scene, and then upload it to DAZ for sale afterwards created with the STUDIO!

Sincerely,

John

Comments

• Integrating a modeller into DS would, n my view, be a retrograde step as it wold inevitably complicate the interface - unless it was handled as two separate "rooms", each with their wn menus and commands, in which case you might as well use a separate applcation (which could, hardware permitting, run in parallel with DS).

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Integrating a modeller into DS would, n my view, be a retrograde step as it wold inevitably complicate the interface - unless it was handled as two separate "rooms", each with their wn menus and commands, in which case you might as well use a separate applcation (which could, hardware permitting, run in parallel with DS).

I think all we need is better integration with the major existing 3d Software. For example being able to import rigging done in Blender or Maya would already be a huge step forward.

• kenmokenmo Posts: 906
    edited January 2020

Integrating a modeller into DS would, n my view, be a retrograde step as it wold inevitably complicate the interface - unless it was handled as two separate "rooms", each with their wn menus and commands, in which case you might as well use a separate applcation (which could, hardware permitting, run in parallel with DS).

I agree 100%. One of the reasons I stay away from Blender. Now strip out the modeller only out of Blender and package it as a modeler and I would be interested. So integrating Hexagon or Carara's modeler into Daz would complicate the software.

Now a separate modeler for DAZ that was 100% compatible with it's materials (3DL and Iray), I would like.

Post edited by kenmo on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

better Carrara integration would have been the logical move

as DAZ figures up until Genesis 3 and 8 could in fact be natively loaded and posed dressed there as well as acess to the various modelling rooms

terrain, tree, volumetric cloud, particle generators

and bullet physics

but for whatever reasons DAZ chose otherwise

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238
    edited January 2020

better Carrara integration would have been the logical move

as DAZ figures up until Genesis 3 and 8 could in fact be natively loaded and posed dressed there as well as acess to the various modelling rooms

terrain, tree, volumetric cloud, particle generators

and bullet physics

but for whatever reasons DAZ chose otherwise

Agreed. Carrara was actually an amazing tool for its time. And even though it's dated now, it's still a solid tool. Add support for Iray and the newer generations of Genesis, and it's still great. Perhaps make a Carrara bridge that would be a bit like using Daz Studio in place of the assembly room in Carrara?

I see advantages and disadvantages to embedding 3D modeling direclty into Daz Studio. I think, ideally, I would like to see different applications that focus on specific areas: characters/clothing/posing; modelling; terrains and sky -- but shared file formats and rendering engines. For me, it would be the logical roadmap for Studio, Hexagon, and Bryce, enhanced with some of the capabilities of Carrara.

Tim

Post edited by Timotheus on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

It’s kind of bewildering to me that DS, Bryce, Hexagon and Carrara are not only separate programs, but feel so unrelated to each other. I can understand the desire not to complicate DS, but why not update Hexagon, Carrara and Bryce (two of which are already paid apps) and combine them all into a pro version of DS?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    Gordig said:

It’s kind of bewildering to me that DS, Bryce, Hexagon and Carrara are not only separate programs, but feel so unrelated to each other. I can understand the desire not to complicate DS, but why not update Hexagon, Carrara and Bryce (two of which are already paid apps) and combine them all into a pro version of DS?

I agree with the first part. All the programs mentioned seem to have their own ecosystem and UI. If DAZ would add Iray and the latest figure support to carrara, I would still be using it.