Loading up

GotfryedGotfryed Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I just bought Bryce and tried to load it. I seem to get a solid nothing. Not even error messages. I even turned off my Norton to try it.

I looked for it in my hard drive files and found something that said Bryce in my Daz 3D folder under Program Files. But there is no exe file there. So I can't launch it at all.

Maybe I just went about it all wrong? Can someone give the step by step in ordinary language please?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

How did you download it?

If you go to your My Account > Product Library, and click on Bryce 7, you should see the files available for download.

BryceContent_7.0.0.21_Mac.zip 675.43 MB download
    BryceContent_7.0.0.21_Win.exe 670.03 MB download
    Bryce_7.1.0.109_Mac32.zip 276.52 MB download
    Bryce_7.1.0.109_Win32.exe 253.76 MB download

What size was the file that you downloaded, because it sounds like you may not have downloaded the right one, or got a corrupted download?
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Bryce_7.1.0.109 is the actual program file. You need to install that before you install the BryceProContent_7.0.0.19 and BryceContent_7.0.0.21 files. You only need to install the BryceLightning_7.1.0.109 file if you want to set up a render farm.

The .exe file for each part of the product is the PC file, the Zip is the mac file so make sure you downloaded the correct version.

• GotfryedGotfryed Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I loaded it just as you suggested. Still no icon showing on my front page.

I looked into the files where it said it was going and found an exe icon. When I clicked it this is all I can get, it does nothing but take up space on my screen.

all_I_can_get.jpg
    295 x 427 - 35K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can you please post an image of your folder where Bryce is installed into, and the EXACT name of the file that you ran to get the screen you showed. Also, what OS are you using? Mac, Win, and what version?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

@Gotfryed - what you started is Bryce Lightning, not Bryce. This is the network render client.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Gotfryed: The icon you want in your Bryce 7 folder has the look of a small mountain on a flat ground plane. It's listed as an Application. You can then right click on it and send it to your desktop as a shortcut.

• GotfryedGotfryed Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

O.K. I got it now. It works.

I didn't know there were two different pages to complete the one order so I didn't know there were four files to carry home. When I went to download it only took me to one page so I downloaded the files on that page and that was my problem. There are two files (Bryce Lightning and Bryce) that carry the same number, _7.1.0.109, so I didn't know they were different. A little problem that may cause confusion in a few other cases, I hope I'm not the only dummy around.

Anyway, thanks for your attention and time.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

@Gotfryed - great you could sort it out. Now the fun can start. Thank you for reporting back.