Now that I was Dumb enough to install the latest Daz ver.

OZOZ Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

my carerra 6 won't Import? That stinks.:blank:

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited March 2014

ozzy257 said:
    my carerra 6 won't Import? That stinks.:blank:

Other helpful posts aside, what is it that you can't import. Specifics will help a great deal. Also, is Carrara 6 the standard or pro version? That difference may also explain some issues, as the pro version has more options.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Carrara 6 is DAZ's first, not their latest ;)
    It rocks though - unless you want 64 bit and Genesis.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited March 2014

me means DAZ studio Dart
    some call it Daz!!
    if he has DS3 in his account he can still download it too, I have it installed AND C6 as well as DS4.6 , C8.5 abd C8.1

for genesis and triax stuff you need C8.5
    your Victoria 4 etc will work fine from DS3 via collada
    but better loaded straight into Carrara from Carrara browser

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Believe it or not, I still have every installer I've ever downloaded of DS, dating all the way back to D|S 0.7 beta! :)
    Although they don't work due to expired codes, I also have all of the beta installers for Carrara 8 beta and newer. Weird, huh.
    I guess I'm a back-up junkie? Some things, like Carrara 6, came with useful stuff. So I like to go through them every now and again and look through/install some of it - just for grins.

Anyways, I hope you figure out what's wrong.

I bought the Figure, Characters, and Avatars book, by Les Pardew from DAZ, which is how I got Carrara 6 Pro. It comes with DS 2.3, so worse comes to worse, you could get that from Amazon and get the older DS. I think (but don't have it, so I don't know for sure) that the second edition of the book, also at Amazon, might have DS 3

Either way, it's a cool book too, and it also comes with Hexagon 2. But I cannot speak for the second edition and what it comes with.