So, L'Homme

PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
edited January 2020 in Poser Discussion

Seems the male companion to Le Femme is finally out...

renderosity.homme-male-base-figure-for-poser-pro-11

I honesty have to say... I'm far from impressed.

Mod Edit    removed unsolicited Off Site Commercial Link

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    edited January 2020

someone suggested he is FtM Trans due to his thigh gap and body shape

technically he indeed is 

not that there is anything wrong with that 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

He looks good, but a bit too expensive considering one can get Michael 6 free here at the moment and use it in Poser...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,030

So far I'm not really convinced by how he poses in the pics I've seen. Especially the armpits...

• WandW said:

He looks good, but a bit too expensive considering one can get Michael 6 free here at the moment and use it in Poser...

I'll disagree on the first part, agree on the second... Genesis 2 just looks better than either L'Homme or La Femme.

Hell, I'd suggest Dawn and Dusk over them.

They actually look good.

technically he indeed is 

So he's basically a morph for La Femme. Great. I know Genesis II shared the same base geomotry between the two and genesis was... genesis... but come on, put some effort into it.

Leana said:

So far I'm not really convinced by how he poses in the pics I've seen. Especially the armpits...

I know.

I dislike his build, I can't stand his face. And oh god, the armpits...

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2020

Oh, thank Ceiling Cat! I thought I was the only one. :shudders: Will be sticking with good ol' Michaels 4 and 6 whenever I use Poser. 

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

I haven't seen the new male, but I didn't really care for the new female either. Even in the promos (supposed to be used to sell) the expressions just sent me right back to Daz3d store. Don't get me wrong here, I know that modeling (and especially rigging) believeable humans is not easy work - which is why I've been a Daz3d fan since discovering Victoria and Michael. Just for the sake of what they're trying to do, I hope they get better at it. 

Smith Micro (in my opinion) really dropped the ball when they backed out of accepting Daz's support for Genesis in Poser. But that's another story altogether - except that Daz3d has ALWAYS been the premier source of humans for Poser.

Anyway, this is the original Genesis Base Male with morphs from Genesis 2 Male and M4 ported in via Genesis Generation X2. We still have to be mindful when adding new shapes, but I love how GenX2 brings such great shapes into that wonderful unisex figure - even the Generation 4 Creature Creator stuff, RawArt, whatever we want. I have a nice collection of expressions for V4 that now can be used on Males as well! And some cool male morphs that can work very well on females. Thinking just a little outside the box becomes really simple once that GenX2 plugin is installed! And with the Genesis 2 expansion we also have access to the amazing shapes from the next gen! 

Now if I start collecting Genesis 3 shapes, I'll also grab the Genesis 3 addon for GenX2 as well. Love this thing!!!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

technically he indeed is 

I've been working with L'Homme, I've created a set of morphs to defeminize him including a gap gone morph and a hip rotation morph to make him more masculine!  Created a Pec Larger morph, a David face morph and a Calves Muscular morph 

He's a really nice shape.  L'Homme I mean.  His teeth seems a bit too rounded so wondering if they got softened in ZBrush so I'll have to investigate that this weekend.  

L'Homme Side View w Morphs.png
    988 x 819 - 558K