MM Viking Village

RLPRLP Posts: 55
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Are there any interiors to the buildings like the similar Saxon settlement by Merlin or are these just for exterior shots?
It looks really good like all Faveral's stuff but something like this I'd probably want to be able to do interiors scenes.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

I believe its all exterior

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

This is a beautiful set, and interiors would be a nice add-on for it. ~hint, hint, hint~

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Me too — I'm buying the bundle anyway, but having interior scenes as well would make the whole thing even better.

Aren't there even any opening doors, or moving parts in the props?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

Me too — I'm buying the bundle anyway, but having interior scenes as well would make the whole thing even better.

Aren't there even any opening doors, or moving parts in the props?

No, it doesn't seem to say so

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

I really like the looks of this, but as near as I can tell from the write-ups, there are two critical items missing from the Props pack.

1) Oars
    2) Benches or sea chests for the crew to sit on.

And, of course, the boats seem to have no provision for mounting oars.

Even with sail, these were for the most part rowboats, and the crew had to have somewhere to sit on those long voyages . . .

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,049
    edited March 2014

if you can be bothered creating morphs for each door in a modeling app (or polygon editor) you can look inside
    this was Carrara quickie

inside.gif
    800 x 450 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • RLPRLP Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info. With all the people stuff (morphs, characters, outfits etc.) a lot more expensive than before, I think I'll save my money for now in case something I REALLY can't do without comes up in the Madness sale or on Fast Grab. I think I need to work with Hexagon and Pegasus more and just build my own clothes and props.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    I really like the looks of this, but as near as I can tell from the write-ups, there are two critical items missing from the Props pack.

1) Oars

Argh. I still want to buy it, if I do it'll have to be tonight, but that's something these boats really need. But I still want it... :-S
  • rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Maybe there are no interiors to this set - but for interior shots - one could always use those from the Saxon village sets - historically, I doubt there would be much difference. Mixing and matching the props from each you could make a nice scene. :)

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,419
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

1) Oars

Even with sail, these were for the most part rowboats, and the crew had to have somewhere to sit on those long voyages . . .

I agree. As a first aid measures, I made benches from primitives and applied a wood shader. But I think that these boats are not primarily meant for close-ups, they are more a background decoration. If you need a 'real' Drakkar: There is a very good DO model, but it lacks the wonderful bow decorations of Faveral's models. Maybe someone someday will give us a 'complete' Drakkar - imho one of the most beautiful ship types ever built by men.
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

polka dot said:
    namffuak said:

1) Oars

I agree. As a first aid measures, I made benches from primitives and applied a wood shader. But I think that these boats are not primarily meant for close-ups, they are more a background decoration. If you need a 'real' Drakkar: There is a very good DO model, but it lacks the wonderful bow decorations of Faveral's models. Maybe someone someday will give us a 'complete' Drakkar - imho one of the most beautiful ship types ever built by men.

I agree, they probably aren't designed for real close-ups. But I'd rather have the crew at oars when maneuvering close to shore.