Realy super Viking vlage by Faveral

robert_poirotrobert_poirot Posts: 34
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I realy love it the Viking town by Faveral. I have visited Norway and Sweden many times, And thisscene kit is so realistc,it is like being there.
In the open air museum Mayenhougen, near Lilehammer (Norway) and in Trelleborg (Sweden) there are still fine examples to be found of this viking building skils.

Comments

• MardookMardook Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Are there going to be any Viking themed clothing for genesis 1 and 2 figures to go with this wonderful set piece? :D

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

mardook said:
    Are there going to be any Viking themed clothing for genesis 1 and 2 figures to go with this wonderful set piece? :D

That would be nice, as I like this Viking Village bundle. Just can't afford it at the moment.

@robert - Faveral is known for his realistic details, so not surprising you found it to be like "the real thing".

• rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

I purchased this set yesterday, along with the Viking village props, but not had a chance to play with it much yet. I've just got a couple of comments to make. Firstly - it's one complete item. I *was* expecting it to be a series of props that went together to make up the village. That way you could load just those parts you needed to do any close up. Now..you have to juggle the camera viewpoint around if you want a close-up of..say, the main Hall ?
    Secondly - and this is just a niggardly point, it's supposedly a Norse village of around 1400 AD..hence the very nice church. However - the true "Viking" period finished around roughly 1100 AD..300 years earlier. ??

Apart from those comments..it IS a very nice model, and I can't wait to play with it some more. Love the Mountain background that comes with it :)

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I got it because the church looks like it could've been pulled straight from Skyrim