Add a LINK! (Minor suggestion/compaint/rant)

3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Very often I see a topic with something like, "Hey, I love the new product by so-and-so," or, "Help, I'm having problems with such-and-such product, can you help?" And nine times out of ten, there is not even a picture of the said product, much less a LINK!

Please, it would only take about 20 seconds more of your precious time to ADD A LINK! Could you please just add a link?

(That is all) :)

Comments

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited March 2014

The biggest reason is a lot of the questions arise about a product that is not from DAZ cannot be linked do to the TOS;

http://www.daz3d.com/terms-of-service

Quote;

Rules of Conduct for Commercial Advertising in the DAZ Forums
    The following rules are being enforced to avoid a level of commercial advertising in the forums which would constitute interference with the stated purpose of the forums. The following rules also apply to Work In Progress (WIP) threads.

1. Commercial threads are permitted only for products that are being sold through DAZ3D, or in the case of Work In Progress thread products that are being created by DAZ PAs with the intention that they will be sold through DAZ3D.

2. Threads that point or link to items in other stores are deemed to be Commercial Posts and will be removed.

3. DAZ PAs may create one Commercial Thread in either The Commons OR the application specific sub-forum.

etc.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

stumpc said:
    The biggest reason is a lot of the questions arise about a product that is not from DAZ cannot be linked do to the TOS;

http://www.daz3d.com/terms-of-service

Quote;

Rules of Conduct for Commercial Advertising in the DAZ Forums
    The following rules are being enforced to avoid a level of commercial advertising in the forums which would constitute interference with the stated purpose of the forums. The following rules also apply to Work In Progress (WIP) threads.

1. Commercial threads are permitted only for products that are being sold through DAZ3D, or in the case of Work In Progress thread products that are being created by DAZ PAs with the intention that they will be sold through DAZ3D.

2. Threads that point or link to items in other stores are deemed to be Commercial Posts and will be removed.

3. DAZ PAs may create one Commercial Thread in either The Commons OR the application specific sub-forum.

etc.

But that's only relevant to non-DAZ products. Tech support requests in the forum are usually for products sold here.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

And two of those should probably be merged with the main thread on the product...

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
    edited December 1969

I'm not trying to quash anyone's enthusiasm or prevent them from asking questions, I'm just saying...
    ADD A LINK! :)

(Maybe I can make that my catch phrase!)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2014

wwes said:

Yes, it'd make checking out the product easier, but all 4 of those threads are for current new releases. Just check the shop.
    Even for older products, use the search box if you have to.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited March 2014

Vaskania said:
    if you have to.

That's the key right there. If I'm really interested, I will search. But usually I'm not interested enough to do so, whereas I would probably click on a link.

Especially if someone is asking for help, they can't expect everyone else to do all the work--by adding a link they make it easy for everyone to see exactly what they are talking about.

Post edited by 3WC on
    edited December 1969

I will admit that the help ones w/o a link do drive me bonkers, since mostly it's worded like "there's a shirt on this outfit and I can't find it's materials". o_O

edited December 1969
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,665
    edited March 2014

I don't see it as an issue, but then again I won't click a link just because it is there, I need to know what it is and be interested first. I just hope we don't start seeing links only and no description, like "can someone help me with THIS (<- insert link here) product?",..... that does not make me want to click it.</p>

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
    edited December 1969

I don't see it as an issue, but then again I won't click a link just because it is there, I need to know what it is and be interested first. I just hope we don't start seeing links only and no description, like "can someone help me with THIS product?",..... that does not make me want to click it.

CLICK ME!

;)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited March 2014

Greetings,
    Something like this? ;)

I'm having this problem iwth this thing I bught up from daz studo..., it doesn't work. Any help?
    ...five minutes later...
    No responses? Rly?! You people are all stcuk up! You won't help me with a SIMPLE queston! This is borken, and the I'm trying to use it on sucks!!!111!!one!

-- Morgan

p.s. I'll note, I actually had a user come to my own personal forum where I support an open source package and start spewing vitriol left and right. I was online at the time, confronted him in the thread, and he admitted that he was drunk, but continued to spew anger. I finally booted and blocked him for 24 hours, leaving only the post where he admitted to being drunk...

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    p.s. I'll note, I actually had a user come to my own personal forum where I support an open source package and start spewing vitriol left and right. I was online at the time, confronted him in the thread, and he admitted that he was drunk, but continued to spew anger. I finally booted and blocked him for 24 hours, leaving only the post where he admitted to being drunk...

What's worse...when they do that AND assault your PM inbox...that earns a permanent ban. from me...and if they ever sign up again, under a different name...ban that one too.