Death Cap just in time for Spring Agro Commercial

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,046
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So she's not a beauty queen but prettier than the fly, Right! Well Let someone else do the prom queens I like the strange and unusual. I do like the HD morph function though. So I hope you like it, and I hope you like the fact I didn't pull a Walmart and jack up the price for the sale.
You get a full body texture and morph for under $10, That's old school madness.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/death-cap-hd

pop1.jpg
1539 x 2000 - 2M

Comments

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Love the look of Death Cap! She could inspire so many fantasy renders, deep in the forest where magical things can happen.

In any case, the site would be the poorer for not having your 'strange and unusual' take on things. :)

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,046
    edited December 1969

Wow nicest thing I've heard in months, Means a lot.
    Thanks

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2014

Are the head (cap), face, and body all separate dials, or is it an all or nothing morph?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

No. Because when you do this degree of distortion (modeling) it really doesn't work as well divided up. I would have had to have a place on the neck that would have had to have zero modeling or modification to it. Creating a band around the neck like an invisible choker. Also you would have a strange transition when you used say the head morph only. It would never have passed testing with such a distortion. You however can save your own personal copy of a head only morph. I hope this helps.

edited December 1969

Hm. Was afraid of that. Do you happen to know if there would be any drastic distortion if I separated out just the cap (which looks like it might need the eyebrows and up?)?

edited March 2014

Well I'm not sure your intentions but it seems if you only need a part of the morph, say from the eyebrows up, you would be dividing the form against the existing body groups. The Body group for the face runs up the scalp to the mid point of the skull's crest. The head group picks up at that point, which is a part of the Torso group.

If you were looking to carve off the top of the head I guess you could do so in a 3D program. It gets complicated but there are tutorials out there.

The trick is not to disrupt the UV maps when welding the extracted part to the clean, un-morphed form you want to attach it to. I believe Hexagon would just toss out the uv maps when you welded the polygons to the new form. of course the seam could than be smoothed out with a smooth tool. But the maps would not fit right if they are not preserved.

That's a mouthful but I am trying to help, it does get tricky though.

Post edited by AntMan on
    edited March 2014

Well when I saw this I had the idea of creating little mushroom fairy people. I can't tell by the promos on this how well it would work with other characters, or if it even would at all.

edited December 1969

Well If you have a morph that turns the G2 female into a sprite or a form you like than just dial this one and that one up to full and it should work. As long as what you use is a body only morph I know for sure it will work, I did it. The one, pop up image, where she is catching sun light she has a skinny, body only, morph dialed to 100 %.

edited December 1969

Thanks. I went ahead and grabbed it and I'll see what I can come up with. :D

edited December 1969

If you get something you like please post it for us to see. I hope it meets your needs, it's a fun morph and in HD there's a lot of nice details.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

I am strange and unusual. Therefore this is right up my alley. I knew I had to have her the moment I saw her.

edited March 2014

This is where my messing about took me. I tried different eyes and just didn't like anywhere I aimed them, so a lightbulb went off and I used the glowing eyes from Ignis' DarkElves. The dome is one of FirstBastion's, the ground, rock, shrooms, and little hanging light things is from Whimsical Mushrooms by Sveva @ Rendo. I also used OoT's Fiend girl as the base for the character. Lit with just a slight-yellow diffuse as a rim behind and to the right of her and an Advanced Ambient Light.

Minor post in CS6+Niktools to bring out some of the colors.

Fiendshroom... mushfiend? lol

Fiendshroom.png
    695 x 900 - 819K
    edited December 1969

Well If you have a morph that turns the G2 female into a sprite or a form you like than just dial this one and that one up to full and it should work. As long as what you use is a body only morph I know for sure it will work, I did it. The one, pop up image, where she is catching sun light she has a skinny, body only, morph dialed to 100 %.

Does anyone know of a sprite morph??? My search did not turn up anything other that the ninja sprint at runtimedna which is not a morph but a standalone figure

edited December 1969

Zawarkal sounds like a challenge. : )

Vaskania I do like it! I know what you mean about eyes. I struggle getting them right too, but you can not go wrong when you go with the glow. Thanks for sharing, very fun.

edited December 1969

Most eye textures also drive me nuts. I could render my most realistic render possible and the eyes will still give it away. They always look flat and lifeless. Maybe the key to those is using a render farm w/ an unbiased renderer and letting it sit for a week. lol

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Very neat concept. I really like it. :)

edited December 1969

Zawarkal sounds like a challenge. : )

the strange and unusual or the sprite morph

you could do a challenge for prizes, hint hint, just saying... :) I would definitely enter

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

Does anyone know of a sprite morph??? My search did not turn up anything other that the ninja sprint at runtimedna which is not a morph but a standalone figure

Maybe SickleYield's http://www.daz3d.com/slender-stephanie-6 could help? If not, can you describe a bit more what you're looking for?

Hm, maybe we need a mushroom cap bikini....

She went straight into my cart, of course. Ant, I think this is one of your coolest creations yet, and that's really saying something, given the rest of your work! I have plans for her to feature in a storytelling card game I've been working on. :)

edited December 1969

I have a slender morph. It's the long legs and arms that I need.

Here is what I have come up with as variations thus far. The two on the left started with V6 HD and the two on the right are the g2f base. I transferred morphs from G1 to V6 HD on the far left in order to get the sprite look, however, since I do not understand the transfer tutorials about the erc freeze type info this character cannot be posed without all sort of weird warping... so I still need some type of long leg and arm morphs for the g2 characters

shrooms.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 406K
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all. I dig the variations.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Very neat! I'll have to see if I can afford it during March Madness or if my budget will make me need to wait (I hate waiting).

BTW - I was just curious, have you heard of the MMO Guild Wars 2? They have a plant race where this character would do a wonderful job depicting.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Bought this the moment I saw it yesterday. And it wasn't even payday! :P lol

AntFarm is always one of my top "gotos" for cool and unusual. And great job with the HD. If I ever get to play for a few, I'll get a render up. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,051
    edited December 1969
  • fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Here is a render I did for the pc members monthly render challenge. I love her. You did an amazing job.

MY.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 3M
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I grabbed her too ... can't resist unusual (even when I am not really into Genesis2).

edited December 1969

fictionalromance I love the outfit and the work of art you made. Very nice.

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

fictionalromance I love the outfit and the work of art you made. Very nice.

Thank you. The outfit is the leaf outfit for Genesis's Mavka. I couldn't resist trying it out.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

I love her, Thank you for making her.

deathcaprender.jpg
    1010 x 922 - 785K
    deathcap04.jpg
    1832 x 922 - 1M
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    I have a slender morph. It's the long legs and arms that I need.

Here is what I have come up with as variations thus far. The two on the left started with V6 HD and the two on the right are the g2f base. I transferred morphs from G1 to V6 HD on the far left in order to get the sprite look, however, since I do not understand the transfer tutorials about the erc freeze type info this character cannot be posed without all sort of weird warping... so I still need some type of long leg and arm morphs for the g2 characters

Zev0's shape shift morphs should help, also you can use the scale dials to lengthen limbs.
    To get sprite like figures I use a combination of lots of dials especially ones from Capsces Mophia or Morphus brought into genesis or G2 using GenX.