I'd like to remove certain hot keys

I use F8 key for other purpose but every time i press f8 in daz

"save daz script 2 encrypted binary" shows up and it makes me frustrated.

i already looked at customize setting pannel but i couldn't find which one is it.

i'd like to remove this hotkeys from my daz setting help me

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

Open the Customize DAZ Studio dialog (F3, or Menu->Window->Workspace->Customize). On the left side, expand the Script IDE entry you will see the Save Encrypted Script, which should have your F8 defined as a shortcut. Right-click and clear keyboard shortcut, and Accept.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited January 2020

Yes, the "Settings" are not where one would typically expect to find them... (Under the standard/typical, "FILE/EDIT->SETTINGS" or "FILE/EDIT->PREFERENCES".)

Ironically, you can use the "Customize" tool to make it easier to find in the future.

1: Open it... (F3) or navigate to it through the menu-system.

2: Click "Workspace" in the left-section of "Actions". Expanding it to reveal the "Customize" action.

3: Click the [Menus] tab, on the right-section and expand the "Main Menu Bar"->"Edit"

4: Select the "Edit" section and right-mouse click to select "Add submenu".

5: Remane that new submenu item to "Settings".

6: Drag the {Action} that says "&Customize..." from the actions section on the left, into the submenu item "Settings", which you just created. Optionally renaming it "Menu and HotKeys", since it is already in "Edit->Settings->Menu and HotKeys", since that is what you will be editing there. Or "Menu and Bindings", "Menu and Functions". etc.

Poof! Instant settings for Daz customization, where you expect to find them, for editing... In the "EDIT->SETTINGS->Customize" menu.

Though they are not often used... It will save you from going mad, trying to remember where they are originally located. Since they are now where you naturally expect them to be located. Along with any other "Editable Settings", which are not located in the previously nonexistent "Edit->Settings" menu. Like "Customize style", or "Device settings", or "Preferences", "Viewports", etc... (Device settings are for specific mice and other specific hardware, and should be renamed, "3D Peripheral Devices", if placed in the "Settings" area, so as to not cause redundant confusion. As I would also rename "Preferences" to "Program Preferences", for less confusion. Removing the SETTINGS icon, using it for the newly created "Settings" sub-menu instead.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • JD_Mortal said:

Yes, the "Settings" are not where one would typically expect to find them... (Under the standard/typical, "FILE/EDIT->SETTINGS" or "FILE/EDIT->PREFERENCES".)

Ironically, you can use the "Customize" tool to make it easier to find in the future.

1: Open it... (F3) or navigate to it through the menu-system.

2: Click "Workspace" in the left-section of "Actions". Expanding it to reveal the "Customize" action.

3: Click the [Menus] tab, on the right-section and expand the "Main Menu Bar"->"Edit"

4: Select the "Edit" section and right-mouse click to select "Add submenu".

5: Remane that new submenu item to "Settings".

6: Drag the {Action} that says "&Customize..." from the actions section on the left, into the submenu item "Settings", which you just created. Optionally renaming it "Menu and HotKeys", since it is already in "Edit->Settings->Menu and HotKeys", since that is what you will be editing there. Or "Menu and Bindings", "Menu and Functions". etc.

Poof! Instant settings for Daz customization, where you expect to find them, for editing... In the "EDIT->SETTINGS->Customize" menu.

Though they are not often used... It will save you from going mad, trying to remember where they are originally located. Since they are now where you naturally expect them to be located. Along with any other "Editable Settings", which are not located in the previously nonexistent "Edit->Settings" menu. Like "Customize style", or "Device settings", or "Preferences", "Viewports", etc... (Device settings are for specific mice and other specific hardware, and should be renamed, "3D Peripheral Devices", if placed in the "Settings" area, so as to not cause redundant confusion. As I would also rename "Preferences" to "Program Preferences", for less confusion. Removing the SETTINGS icon, using it for the newly created "Settings" sub-menu instead.)

The Customise dialogue used, long ago, to be in the Preferences menu. It was moved to its current location because that is where it really belongs - it isn't general application settings but specifically for the workspace.

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited July 2022

Die, CONTROL-S.  You've overwritten my hard work one time too many.  WHY isn't there an "are you sure" window when you hit CONTROL-S?

Oh, and thanks for being RIGHT NEXT TO the "undo" button.  Really awesome to overwrite your work with something you wanted to undo.  Would be nice to be able to undo saving something accidentally.  

Stupid CONTROL-S.

Post edited by twalling on
  • Remove your author details from Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferences on a Mac) and Save will behave like Save As, always asking for a filenname.