Modular Tarzan-style and/or Swiss Family Robinson style tree-house module build kit.

One thing I'd love to see made is a set of different sized treehouse modules built in the style of all those old Tarzan movies, or like in the old Swiss Family Robinson movie.  These would be connected together willy-nilly with those rope-and-plank dangling bridges that hang down a little in the middle. I could see this being used in conjunction with Stonemason's Jungle Construction Kits.  It would need to look like the sort of thing that would be made out of scrounged elements from the jungle, such as treelimbs, lengths of bamboo, thick vine wraps to fasten things together, etc. 

There would be platformed compartments of various sizes, with walls or with balistrades at the outsides, with or without roofs over them, and one could then arrange these modules as needed, connecting them with catwalks and/or those hanging-bridge thingies, or with crude stairways or ramps going down to the ground level or up to higher levels.  There woulc also be tower modules, spiral-staircase modules, and so on.

One could build a sizable jungle mansion, or an entire city in the trees with these,

Comments

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

For something like that, a build-your-own-tree construction set might be more useful though. Possibly still in combination with some Jungle Construction kit.

Sixus did make something like that ages ago over at cgbytes, a set called Triplonia Massive Tree (in both a Ps and a DS version, so be careful in case you look it up, though the DS version is probably in 3Delight materials, so it would still need a small overhaul). I never found time to play with it though, so can't really comment on it any more than saying it exists..

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,935
    edited January 2020

>>Searches for it at 'Rocity, and then 'Rotica.  Finds it at 'Rotica.<<  Okay, that COULD work. >>Wishlists it<<

The sample images on that one seem to be placing more emphasis on the giant tree than on the structures placed onto it, most of which seem to be A-frame-roof huts or something, but does have the sort of bridges I was talking about.  Does this one come with big, sprawling, roofed platforms, tho?

(Edit: Bah.Typos)

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,182

Don't think it does, and the triangular huts are actually from another set (from the same connected series).

Platforms might be managable with bare primitives for floors and then kitbashing in some tents and stuff from other products I guess? No idea if Sixus1 has ever contemplated redoing or updating that set, or maybe some other designer considered developing something like it.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,935
    edited January 2020

Well, what I'm mainly wanting is a big, expansive treehouse complex with lots of large rooms in it, connected by catwalks or by those hanging-bridge thingies.  Ideally it needs to look like something a bunch of people who got stuck out in the jungle decided to build from local materials. I've looked at lots of Daz and Poser treehouse products, from purchase to freebee, and pretty much all of them either don't give much room in there at all -- such as one that looked large and was multistory, but where the tree-trunk that formed the center of it took up way too much of the inside, and the stairwell going around the ouside edges of it gobbled up much more of that precious inside space -- or don't have the scrounged-together-by-Tarzan sort of look I'm after, and I wanted something that looked like it could have an entire extended family living inside it, with bedrooms and workspaces and whatnot. 

I'm kinda searching for something with the look and feel of Stonemason's The Treehouse, but with much wider platforms and more of them, and with much bigger enclosed spaces.  Somerset Lodge looks large enough, but is too refined looking for what I'm after.  Summer Tree House Deluxe is moving in the right direction, but it looks too much like it was built by professional loghouse builders for a treehouse-themed residential neighborhood.  Similarly, Tree House Living and Dining Room is even more residential-neighborhood-ish than what I want for this, while being actually less tree-housey even though it calls itself one, plus its a little too modernist inside.  Elven Tree Home is kinda closer in the lotsa-big-platforms aspect to what I'm looking for, but is way too Lord of the Rings elven and I'm leaning way more in the direction of Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the ApesForest TreeHouse Iray Worlds is kinda closer in feel, but still looks too refinedly-professionally-built and too much like a nice, conventional country home... that just happens to be in the trees.

In short, I'm looking for something like you'd get if Tarzan had kids, who grew up to have kids, who in turn grew up to have kids, and they all stayed put at the old jungle treehouse, but expanded it out to the size of a small town while keeping the same scrounged-from-jungle-componants look to the place.... but then ordered a few modern ameneties from a catalog, such as hot-plates and radios and an old TV set, run from a generator driven by a waterwheel placed in the nearby stream, and with a kitchen constructed by them around maybe an early electric stove and electric range, and an old fridge they salvaged from somewhere.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

I actually used this as a tree village in a video I cannot find now once
    https://www.daz3d.com/lake-village

I extended all the stilts with poles some angled into the trees and each other

sadly I cannot recall the name of my video and have over 1K of them on YouTube so have to take my word for it

• I actually used this as a tree village in a video I cannot find now once
    https://www.daz3d.com/lake-village

I extended all the stilts with poles some angled into the trees and each other

sadly I cannot recall the name of my video and have over 1K of them on YouTube so have to take my word for it

Haha!  That looks great!  And I see it was already on my wishlist!  :D  And yeah, looking at it, I can easily picture it lifted up into the trees.  >>giggles<<