which of Predatrons Lo res crowds is best value?

AristocAristoc Posts: 254
edited March 2014 in The Commons

I am interested in adding several male / female / youth characters to my scenes backgrounds.

Which Lorenzo Lo res should I get to give me the best value.

I want to make sure, do they come with hair and clothes and shoes too ? Right?

which would give me the best value. there are 4 to choose from at different pice points.

Lorenzo Lores
Lorettta Lores
Lorez figures modern males
Lorenzo and Loretta bundle

http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle

Thanks a lot

Post edited by Aristoc on

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I think the bundle would be the best to go for as it gives you male and females, I also have the LoREZ Police US1. they are great and varied for background use.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited December 1969

These Lorez sets are very good and very adaptable for figures you can use in your backgrounds. Yes, they come complete with clothes, hair, shoes and different skin colours and a few props.

For some reason the Lorenzo and Loretta Bundle saves just 3 cents. So I would buy them separately, get 50% off both and save yourself 6 dollars. :coolsmirk:

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited December 1969

First I have seen of this product, a while ago I got the M.O.M = Movement of Mass by Powerage that works by being 2D planes and you can place 5, 10 to 50 people in a scene in one shot..

But by the looks of the product you have to do single placement of each figure and if wanting to do a large crowd scene could take a bit..

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

Powerage doesn't sell that here on this site anymore. Unless you have a link to it.

edited December 1969

Cayman said:
    These Lorez sets are very good and very adaptable for figures you can use in your backgrounds. Yes, they come complete with clothes, hair, shoes and different skin colours and a few props.

For some reason the Lorenzo and Loretta Bundle saves just 3 cents. So I would buy them separately, get 50% off both and save yourself 6 dollars. :coolsmirk:

Actually you don't save anything by buying them separately not sure where your getting the 50% off bit..

edited March 2014

joeinhose said:
    Powerage doesn't sell that here on this site anymore. Unless you have a link to it.

Since not sure on the TOS in regards to links to other content sites lets just say it starts with a R and ends in Y..

Funny thing is that the figures in the product remind me a lot of the ones from Poser but these look a lot better..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    Cayman said:

Actually you don't save anything by buying them separately not sure where your getting the 50% off bit..

Yes you do. If you add it to your car, you will see the total comes to 29$ for the lorenzo and lorenza added in seperately as opposed to the bundle.

edited March 2014

joeinhose said:
    ghosty12 said:
    Cayman said:

Yes you do. If you add it to your car, you will see the total comes to 29$ for the lorenzo and lorenza added in seperately as opposed to the bundle.

Ahh k lol my bad I was only looking at the one product and wondered why it didn't change.. lol
    If that's the case then yeah better to go that route than buy the bundle rather odd that the bundle is dearer than the two products put in separately..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
    edited March 2014

Thanks for the tips.

So MOM is a 2 D object ? as opposed to Lorenzos 3D?

You have to admit the Lorenzo Characters are very nice indeed.

Post edited by Aristoc on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

There is less need for these with Genesis than there was with gen4 when they came out. Genesis and even Genesis 2 are much lower poly than gen4 (I recently managed a scene with 16 Genesis 1 figures in it. It was a beast to work with, but it rendered without a hitch. The largest number of gen4 figures I ever got into a scene and was able to render was 5). But I can imagine they might still be really useful if you want to build a crowd scene. Don't know the difference in poly count with these than with Genesis, though.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    There is less need for these with Genesis than there was with gen4 when they came out. Genesis and even Genesis 2 are much lower poly than gen4 (I recently managed a scene with 16 Genesis 1 figures in it. It was a beast to work with, but it rendered without a hitch. The largest number of gen4 figures I ever got into a scene and was able to render was 5). But I can imagine they might still be really useful if you want to build a crowd scene. Don't know the difference in poly count with these than with Genesis, though.

The clothes,textures you put on Genesis will raise the poly count, with Loretta and Lorrenzo the clothes and textures are also low rez keeping the poly count and memory usage low.. :)

Steve.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I still use many Lorenzo Loretta's in my larger scenes. The best thing about them is the V4 M4 rigging so most V4 M4 poses work right out of the box on them. Helps get those scenes just so to me.

I pushed my Genesis limit to 46 total (64Gb Ram) Fully clothed Haired and textured before the scene file hit a limit of some type. DS went into None Responsive and stayed there.