Slider Constraint

OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am having some real weird results when I try to use the slider constraint in Carrara8.5. I thought it was my construct so i opened Phil Wilkes's Cabinet from the Advanced Carrara Techniques. I tried to set slider constraints on one of the Drawers. once I set X=Locked, Z=locked and Y=Limited the drawer won't move on Y axis. When I reset Y=Free the drawer goes way off with just a small nudge on the Y arrow. I tried the Custom locking X&Z with Y limited no movement on Y axis. Rotation works fine the Shaft Constraint does not work as well.

I am on a IMac with OS 10.9.1. is there a setting I should change. If I set up the constraint then turn off the use constraints I can move the drawer freely along the Y axis.

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited March 2014

EUGENEWD said:
    I am having some real weird results when I try to use the slider constraint in Carrara8.5. I thought it was my construct so i opened Phil Wilkes's Cabinet from the Advanced Carrara Techniques. I tried to set slider constraints on one of the Drawers. once I set X=Locked, Z=locked and Y=Limited the drawer won't move on Y axis. When I reset Y=Free the drawer goes way off with just a small nudge on the Y arrow. I tried the Custom locking X&Z with Y limited no movement on Y axis. Rotation works fine the Shaft Constraint does not work as well.

I am on a IMac with OS 10.9.1. is there a setting I should change. If I set up the constraint then turn off the use constraints I can move the drawer freely along the Y axis.

I just tried using the Slider constraint on a simple cube. It seems to me that it is mostly broken.
    The controls don't work consistently or logically.

If you lock Y and Z but leave X free, it seems to work as expected. But if you use any other combination of two locked axes and one free axis, bizarre things happen.

I'm also using the Mac version.

I also checked Carrara 7, and it also behaves this way, so it's not a new problem.

Post edited by de3an on
  • tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Similar issues with the Slider constraint on C8.1 64 bit Pro PC version.

• PGrePGre Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

...And similar issues with 8.5 pro Win 7 64bit. However, it does seem to be affected by scene magnitude and those magnifying glasses.

• OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

I forwarded this problem to DAZ Technical Support Hope we get sums results!

• OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

I got the following from DAZ -

I heard back from the dev team the error you are encountering is indeed a bug. They are working on a fix but it will take some time. While you wait there is a work around to do what you want.

Importing what you want into an existing scene the bug is not present. If you try to create a new scene with your object then the bug resurfaces.

Hope that helps have a great day