Request/Custom Work...

MrPibbMrPibb Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all...

Just getting started with DAZ. Have spent sometime/money downloading a few products. I'm finding a few items missing. Mainly some clothing items. I have the latest version of DAZ.

I'm interested in working with someone who can create the following:

Ski-Mask/Balaclava for Daz4 M5, M4 and The Freak 4/5

Wrestling masks, wrestling singlet, wrestling boot, tights, trunks.

I'm willing to pay for the work(obviously). I'm just curious as to why these products don't already exist? Are they super hard to make?

Also, can someone explain the difference between Genesis & DAZ? Was Genesis the precursor to DAZ? Can you still get Genesis? Also is Poser any better? Easier to use?

Thanks again for reading and if you think you can help me out on the clothing items, let me know.

Respectfully,

-Mike

Comments

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

First of all, welcome to the wonderful world of 3d rendering! :)

Second off, the items you want probably already exist, you just need to search the various vendor sites to find them. Some of them can even be found for free, and can be used however you see fit (the typical caveat being that you can't use free items in something you charge for). Deviantart, Renderosity and ShareCG all have extensive free content available - it just takes some digging to find it sometimes.

Third, DAZ Studio is the name of the program - Genesis is the name of the figure you pose and ultimately render. Here is a very handy guide to the various generations of figures. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24257/

Genesis is included free with DAZ Studio 4.6, you just have to make sure you download the Genesis Starter Essentials.

The good news is that Auto-Fit can make clothing for Generation 4 figures (Michael 4, Victoria 4, etc.) fit the Genesis figure, and Auto-Fit comes free with DAZ Studio 4.

As for wresting gear, this may help - various freebies for Genesis. http://sedartonfokcaj.deviantart.com/gallery/

For whether DAZ is better than Poser, that's a matter of personal preference. Poser has a lot of capability but you also pay for it, while DAZ may not be able to do everything Poser can but is 100% free - the bulk of DAZ cost is purchasing the content.

I hope this helps. :)

• snowsnow77snowsnow77 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Check out - mostdigitalcreations.com for the mask. I asked Adam to make this and a Championship belt this a few years back.

• GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

BigSuperX said:
    Hello all...

Just getting started with DAZ. Have spent sometime/money downloading a few products. I'm finding a few items missing. Mainly some clothing items. I have the latest version of DAZ.

I'm interested in working with someone who can create the following:

Ski-Mask/Balaclava for Daz4 M5, M4 and The Freak 4/5

Wrestling masks, wrestling singlet, wrestling boot, tights, trunks.

There's an excellent wrestling set here http://www.daz3d.com/wrestling-outfit
    There are lots of ways to alter/re-texture this suit very easily so you can 'personalise' the finished look
    It's for the (older) Generation 4 figures made by DAZ, but will fit straight-way and hassle-free to the (Newer) Genesis figure by DAZ

• MrPibbMrPibb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the warm welcome and feedback. I will check out the sources/links provided and see where they take me. I do have another question. I'm looking at this product "Faceshop8". I want to make sure I'm understanding what it does correctly. Let's say I took a head shot of me wearing a wrestling mask. Would I then be able to take that picture and wrap it around a model using Faceshop? That's what it looks like to me...but I'm not sure.
    I've attached some of my current art. Did these over the past weekend. I'm an avid Bryce user(have been since the early 90's) so I use it a lot, and started using DAZ 4 recently. I also use A LOT of apps from my iPad.

Pic: Executioner's Dawn: Figure made in DAZ, exported to BRYCE. Rendered there, add some light effects with iPad apps.

Pic: Celt Vs. Executioner: Used default scene from DAZ, exported pic did some more post on the iPad.

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks,

-Mike

CeltVSExecutioner.jpg
    1857 x 1857 - 1M
    ExecutionersDawn.jpg
    1536 x 1536 - 158K