half inch in Wings3d? or Blender? or Cararra8.5p?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited March 2014 in The Commons

i want to make .5 inch slabs.

does anyone know what the distance between wings verts 2.0 = ?

and to verify - units of measure in:
DS = cm
Lux = meters

Thanks. :)

is it easier in Silo or Cararra8.5p?

to make a slabs, beams, columns, walls to precise inches measurement?

well, haven't installed Cararra yet. can i make .5 inch slabs with it?

blender-impossible.JPG
1148 x 839 - 130K
uom.JPG
354 x 103 - 16K
Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

wanting to make an IC-Leak-test-house to test light seepage in Poser, DS, Lux, Cararra. to learn how thick walls and ceilings have to be

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

Here is what I do.. I open daz and create a 1ft cube and export it with daz sizes. then import into what ever program I am using. it give me a great reference when modeling

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,705
    edited March 2014

If all you want is some 0.5 ft. thick slabs in Carrara it's very easy.

One way is to Insert a cube primitive into the scene, then change the Y or Z size value to 0.5 (the default units in Carrara are ft., but can be changed in the preferences), and you have a .5 ft thick slab. Copy and paste the slab to make more slabs.

There is another way to do it if you want a slab that you can use to create models with in the model room (i.e.a house). Insert a plane primitive, then open it in the model room, convert it to the" vertex modeler", select your new vertex object (the plane), then select add thickness from the model menu, put 0.5 in for the value, and you now have a 0.5 ft thick slab. Again, copy and paste to make more.

The attached image shows the cube primitive as a slab.

halffootwall.JPG
    1530 x 810 - 148K
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

I don't use blender or wings, but the way I see it modellers themselves don't really have units. You can select the units when you export the model. So if you want something to be .5 inches, just model it in the modeller at a size of .5 (notice no units inside the modeller). Then when you export you can select select the units as inches and your .5 in the modeller now becomes .5 inches when you import it as inches in your other program.

(when you export, you can also choose no units and just import it as inches in other programs)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969