Saving Skin Surface Material Settings/Presets ????

StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Question 1
So I have G2F all decked out with skin and I have worked my way through all the UberSurface and Luxus setting for her skin and got them where I like. I'd like to save the settings "minus the maps" to use on other skins. Been trying for hours. Please, I need a step by step.

Question 2
When adjusting the skin settings how do you adjust them all at the same time? And if it's a matter of copy and paste from one surface (eg. hip) to another surface (eg. face) how do you just copy the skin settings "minus the maps" ?
Think I'm missing something here to. Step by step please.
Thanks in advance gurus. :-)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049
    edited March 2014

When you save as a material preset, simply click on the group you wish to edit. There is a drop down for each. So say for example I want to save this preset but it must not remember the diffuse texture, simply go to diffuse colour on each and uncheck it. This has to be done for all maps you wish not to remember the diffuse.

To group edit the skin highlight the following in the second pic. whatever value you adjust will now be applied to all since they are all selected. You can choose to include toe and finger nails but I normally set those on their own. Do not assign skin this way (having all selected), but instead select each group by its number. You will see I choose legacy because those have nice numbers making remembering\selecting groups easier. If you see the value "multiply" in a specific channel, that means some of the selected maps have a different value in that channel. If you set a specific value, it will apply to all that is selected.

1.jpg
    591 x 742 - 188K
    2.jpg
    284 x 590 - 72K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited March 2014

Here is a comparison list of the two naming structures on G2. It can be confusing since they arent numbered like on legacy setup.

1_Lip -------------------- Lips
    1_Nostril --------------- Nostrils
    1_SkinFace ----------- Face
    2_Nipple --------------- Nipples
    2_SkinHead ---------- Head and Ears
    2_SkinHip ------------- Hips
    2_SkinNeck ----------- Neck
    2_SkinTorso ---------- Torso
    3_Fingernail -----------Fingernails
    3_SkinArm ------------ Shoulders
    3_SkinFoot ------------ Feet
    3_SkinForearm ------ Forearms
    3_SkinHand -----------Hands
    3_SkinLeg ------------- Legs
    3_Toenail -------------- Toenails
    4_Gums ---------------- Gums
    4_InnerMouth ----------InnerMouth
    4_Teeth -----------------Teeth
    4_Tongue -------------- Tongue
    5_Cornea -------------- Cornea
    5_Iris -------------------- Irises
    5_Lacrimal ------------ Lacrimals
    5_Pupil ----------------- Pupils
    5_Sclera --------------- Sclera
    6_Eyelash ------------- Eyelashes
    7_EyeSurface --------- EyeReflection
    7_Tear ------------------ Tear

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Excellent Zevo :-) Thank you so much for your time.

This would also be a good time to thank you for all your wonderful products of which I have more than a few :-)

edited December 1969

Ah you're welcome:) And thanks:)