Full Body Motion Capture - Like AniHead

I really like the AniHead plug-in and purchased it. That said, PLEASE EXPAND ON THIS!

PLEASE do full-body motion capture! It would be amazing to finally have motion capture options for Daz, which has been a long-standing topic on various forums.

AniHead motion capture product for head (nice product, highly recommend) - https://www.daz3d.com/anihead

Comments

• There are already many options for this, some relatively high quality and relatively inexpensive. Manus VR is filling the void left by the demise of iKinema and releasing a product in April, called Polygon. It will probably be one of the cheapest solutions available, and if it is similar to iKinema Orion, it will be more than sufficient to create high quality character animation.

But the problem is not the mocap, it's the retargeting onto your Genesis figure. iClone can do it, Maya is better, and Motionbuilder better still.

It would be really nice if Daz would support retargeting to their own figures right in Daz because I'm so tired of characterizing in an external app, cleaning up in an external app, and exporting back to Daz with my fingers crossed, hoping that the BVH applies correctly. That's really a drag, not to mention having to buy such an expensive program just for exactly one purpose.

• DobitDobit Posts: 181

I really like the AniHead plug-in and purchased it. That said, PLEASE EXPAND ON THIS!

PLEASE do full-body motion capture! It would be amazing to finally have motion capture options for Daz, which has been a long-standing topic on various forums.

AniHead motion capture product for head (nice product, highly recommend) - https://www.daz3d.com/anihead

Hi, thank you for the feedback on our plugin, we are glad that you enjoyed it. Your suggestion is very interesting and we are allready planing a solution for full-body motion capture in the manner of aniHead. It is still very early and we can´t guarantee anything, but we will try our best to make it work.

• Dobit said:

Hi, thank you for the feedback on our plugin, we are glad that you enjoyed it. Your suggestion is very interesting and we are allready planing a solution for full-body motion capture in the manner of aniHead. It is still very early and we can´t guarantee anything, but we will try our best to make it work.

I bought your software / plug in and really loved it.

That said I have far more demands for animation that there are motion capture kits for Daz on the market.

Its enough that I am considering https://www.rokoko.com/en/shop  for my own use. That said......I have big idea, but I dont know the programming aspect of a lot of this. So even if I bought motion capture equipment the programming aspect is beyond me.

As many of us know, the best animation studios for movies and games use motion capture these days. Why worry about frame by frame small detail animation work, when really we should be on motion capture systems.

I love daz, and I hope we see more options for motion capture soon.

• The Rokoko software is way beyond what I can afford.  I'll just wait for the release of Dobit's plug-in for creating full body animations, since it likely will be much cheaper.

I hope Dobit's new plug-in will be compatible with Genesis 1, 2, 3, and 8 figures.

• And I hope that this new plug-in, should it happen, will capture animation from cartoons such as Scooby-Doo, especially characters skidding forward in Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

• Honestly, even if the motion capture software were basic for things like at home green screen I  would be HAPPY! 

That said, I would love to be able to do something like effectively trace over a figure recorded at like a martial arts tournament to capture their motion. Just think of all the cool stuff out there waiting to be used in motion capture: figure skating, martial arts, musical instrument playing, dancing, and more.