MFD UV for Universal Dress

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
edited January 2020 in Product Suggestions

MFD UV for Universal Dress

if I owned Maya I could actually do this myself

as is I created a couple ways to transfer textures but both take a fair number of steps

• first method

Shrinkwrap in Blender, morphloader, Ultimate Unwrap 3D repaint

• second method

shrinkwrap again then flat UV map for both that overlap

map transfer

yes the hem is less than satisfactory but I can give it 0 opacity, my shrinkwrap morph doesn't quite match at the hems or sleeves

point is the two meshes could actually have each other's UV copied in Maya and just load the original textures 

I did this myself with the trial a year or so ago using V2 to Genesis 3 to create a UV sadly the surfaces meant there are a few odd overlaps that clothing and hair hid but it's only personal use since was done with the trial

I cannot afford Maya

so would happily pay a PA to do it and sell it to me and everyone else probably would too as MFD has so many textures, Universal dress not so much!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,146

I would definitely buy it. It would also be nice for the sleeve geografts to have the UV too. 

• you are the only view for this thread so others must not desire it as much

maybe they just like buying new textures

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,419
    I would love to have more options for Universal Dress!
  • you are the only view for this thread so others must not desire it as much

To clarify - the forum 'view' count is currently broken (I see '1 view' for so many threads that have many posts).

I also think this is a good idea as there are lots of great MFD textures out there. Not sure how easy it  is to do though.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited February 2020

you are the only view for this thread so others must not desire it as much

To clarify - the forum 'view' count is currently broken (I see '1 view' for so many threads that have many posts).

I also think this is a good idea as there are lots of great MFD textures out there. Not sure how easy it  is to do though.

doable with the right software beyond my budget devil 

once the topography matches and I even got reasonably close for my map transfers

Maya can project a UV from one mesh to another

and needs to be DAZ approved for distribution as using pre-existing mesh, UV's are something that requires the base meshes

so yes has to be DAZ sold and likely a DAZ original 

yes Silent Winter I now see what you mean about viewcounts blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on