Graffiti

XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
edited March 2014 in Product Suggestions

Whether it would be a shader or something LIE-based, it'd be great to have a selection of graffiti to place over models. Not just for walls, but the possibilities for placing it upon cars, spaceships and even robots is intriguing.

A large enough number of different versions should allow for enough of them to be placed in a single scene without danger of repetition.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,200
    edited December 1969

The stock image outfits offer a lot of graffiti images, as I recall. I *think* I have a bunch from way back (magazine CD's/DVD's, etc), not on that machine at the moment. A search on "free graffiti images" gives a lot of hits.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is a nice Idea, but keep a eye on FREE USE, some that pop up in searches will need to be followed to the SITE to be 100% sure you are okay to use them.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,200
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That is a nice Idea, but keep a eye on FREE USE, some that pop up in searches will need to be followed to the SITE to be 100% sure you are okay to use them.

Yes, always a good policy. I recall checking into a hotel once where they told us "For $15 per day, you can have free parking."

I recall acquiring stock images for free or very low cost, on magazine Disks and online offers from companies like Corel. I think I have enough for several lifetimes. But Corel seems to have gotten out of the business, and magazines like 3D World no longer have disks. So I dunno, probably some very affordable stock graffiti images somewhere out there.