Loading Viking Village in DS

CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi! I am wondering if it's just me, or if it's supposed to load this way - but when I load the Viking Village from the preset icon in DS, it loads high above the zero position - so if I add anything to the scene, it loads beneath the village and needs to be manipulated to get it above the village ground - is this as planned? The props (houses, etc.) are all loaded in as individual items, and so can't be moved down to the floor easily. (I think I could create a null, parent each item to the null and move them that way if I need to.)

My question is whether it is designed this way for some reason? I am wondering about how this might affect light sets. When I tried a different light set, I noticed it was pointed down at the feet of the Genesis where it loaded, which would thus have to shine through the viking village ground plane...

I really LOVE this set, and just want to make sure I haven't missed something - I haven't seen anyone else mention this...

Thanks for any help or advice :) -Cathy

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630
    edited December 1969

The water is the ground level so yes it will load the waterline to the floor and the rest will be elevated.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hi Frank - so for me, everything I add to the scene (such as characters) load in under house 13 and have to be raised to yTranslate 458.40 to be standing on the ground, and then moved to wherever I want them in the village - is that what's happening with you as well? Thanks for answering :) -Cathy

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Happens like that in the Poser version as well.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thanks chohole - I don't think I have another set that loads this way, so glad to know it's not something I'm doing wrong :) -Cathy

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It was built that way. Odd for sure but usable once you notice.