DAZ STUDIO QUESTION

DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
edited December 1969 in The Commons

From a longtime poser user. Been using Poser7 and on purchasing a new laptop finding that it wont run anymore. My options being to either get a newer Poser or go with Dazstudio. My question is...as I have a ton of content for V4 and M4 and not the funds to replace or get more content will my V and M4s work in DS?

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

dimeolas said:
    From a longtime poser user. Been using Poser7 and on purchasing a new laptop finding that it wont run anymore. My options being to either get a newer Poser or go with Dazstudio. My question is...as I have a ton of content for V4 and M4 and not the funds to replace or get more content will my V and M4s work in DS?

Well, given that DAZ sells V4 and M4 yes they will work in Daz Studio.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

you have no more money ... But if you're picking up Daz studio now, that genesis comes along, you can use the auto-fit to conform clothes M4 for genesis too. I did not tested clothes comforming V4 for Genesis, not yet, so I can not say ...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630
    edited December 1969

dimeolas said:

Yes, all the Generation 4 figures still work quite well in DAZ Studio

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

thanks, will get it loaded and try again :)

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

...one more question, I understand the loader at daz but say content from another website....will it install properly into daz studio or will I need to install it by hand?
    Thx

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

dimeolas said:
    ...one more question, I understand the loader at daz but say content from another website....will it install properly into daz studio or will I need to install it by hand?
    Thx

You'll need to install it by hand.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bad4u said:
    Few notes to avoid some confusion when trying DS:
    - if you still have your old runtime you can use that without reinstalling, just need to add path in DS settings
    - Poser procedural materials and shaders don't work in DS, but you should be able to replace those with DS shaders
    - Poser dynamic clothing and Poser weight mapped figures don't work in DS, same for Poser light sets (I think)
    Quick note on the Runtime thing. It will work as long as the runtime is NOT in the Programs Files folder on any PC that is Win7 or above. The Programs Folder locations are now OS protected and can cause errors if content is located in those folders.
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

bad4u said:
    - Poser dynamic clothing and Poser weight mapped figures don't work in DS, same for Poser light sets (I think)

Poser lights will sort of work, it converts all of them to distance lights with no shadows, but you still the have the placement and colors set so it's at least a starting point.