DIM consistently loses connection on more than one machine.

Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This is especially annoying when downloading new purchases on my desktop, or when "catching up" with downloads on my laptop (I don't use it very often but like to update it before I go on a pilgrimage to watch chicks hatching or the bulls having a run. ;-)

My internet connection is DSL and has been very stable for years. DIM has been acting up for about the last 2-3 months and I usually just close it, reopen it, and retry the download.

But this is annoying. It makes me cuss DIM, which is in turn more annoying to hear myself.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630
    edited December 1969

Mine does it to but its because of my ISP. I will drop connection for a half second to a second and DIM throws up the warning. I had it happen to me twice today.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited March 2014

Yep, I would investigate that except that I'm confident it's not my ISP. You see, I also have a VPN'd laptop on my network. VPN is very intolerant of network outages, so any drops would make that laptop complain and I would have to reconnect.

And lest anybody think my VPN'd laptop is causing the issue, no it's not. I have had DIM drops on many days and it does not seem to matter whether or not that laptop is connected.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on