Poser 11.2 and DSON

There have been many versions of Poser since v2014 but DSON stops there.

Since Bondware purchased Poser from Smithmicro, anyone with a valid version of Poser over v10 can get a free upgrade to at least v11.2, so many are now using v11.2.

Q: Has DSON support stopped at v2014?

Thanks in advance for any info;)

Comments

• philebusphilebus Posts: 241

I'm using the DSON importer with Poser 11.2 on a Windows 10 PC and haven't had any problems (I'm actually using an older Beta version of the importer). I'm successfully importing Genesis, Genesis 2, and a growing number Genesis 3 products (though some of these aren't compatible).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

DSON importer definitely works with newer versions. Newer version numbers may be missing in the list when you install it though: if the importer doesn't need to be updated for the new version, releasing an update just to add a version number doesn't make much sense. In that case you may need to "cheat" and tell it you're installing it for the most recent version number listed while having that path pointing to your P11.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

DIM it just refuses to install so I take it you meant via a manual install.

Thanks Its working but its rediculous having to fake the name, DAZ should just update DSON.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

What do you mean by "DIM refused to install it" exactly? Do you get an error message, and if so which one? How is your DIM setup?

I cant remember exactly the message but it is after selecting the path to the poser folder.

But the manual install worked.

• Mouser said:

I cant remember exactly the message but it is after selecting the path to the poser folder.

But the manual install worked.

You did set it as the path to Poser Pro 2014, and were using the Applications tab rather than the Instalaltion tab in Settings?

The app tab points tp poserpro11

• Mouser said:

The app tab points tp poserpro11

And the details for Poser Pro 2014 are correct for your Poser 11.2? A screen shot might help.

The DIM no longer displays a message, possibly as i have installed DSON manualy?

Now the path displays as red & the ok button is not functional.

dim_dson64.jpg
    806 x 520 - 84K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited February 2020

Do you also have that path set for Poser 11.2? DIM won't let you have two applications with the same path.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Sorry when I said v11 I meant 11.2.

• Yes, but do you have entries in the Applications tab for both 11.2 and 2014, both pointing to the same application? DIM won't let you do that, hence the path being red.

There used to be an error message pop up, I cant remember what it said.

The red path text is new.

There is only options on the DIM for v2012 & v2014, it has no option for v11.

The manual instal worked though.