carrara woes? can't load Aiko5, M6 ... - trouble shooting tips?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited March 2014 in The Commons

is there an ini file for cararra where i could tell it to use one monitor? i have to turn off my second monitor or it's unuseable, had to kill it in task manager. (win7home64)

it won't load Aiko 5 or M6. gives me an error message about .dsf. help!!

Thanks.

(didn't try other figures.)

ideally, i'd like to put the library pane from the bottom and move it to my 2nd monitor. couldn't find an undock button?
can i close the sequencer? iz gonna be a while before i use it.

Thanks again!

carrara_2_monitors.jpg
600 x 203 - 11K
aiko5-carra.JPG
600 x 189 - 23K
Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where are you loading Aiko 5 from?

Aiko 5 is a morph of Genesis, and as such, it needs access to the Genesis base in the data folder in the main install. You need to point Carrara to your DAZ Studio content folder so that you can load Genesis figures I think.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2014

the auto-detect didn't find my ds mylibrary.

i did an add folder and in the list selected 'content', the other option was poser. tried it first as add runtime, but it didn't work.

i don't know what to do next? help!

does carrara need to see a 'content' folder name? i followed the 'new' ds format by putting everything under 'mylibrary' folder name.

it seems to be reading the folder, everything is showing up in the browse, content,

edited December 1969

the hammer under misc loaded okay. i tried to ctrl-z to remove it by undo, but the undo is greyed out.

edited December 1969

I have 'My DAZ 3D Library' listed as a content folder inside Carrara, and it works fine.

I can load Genesis or Genesis 2 with no problems.

edited March 2014

do you have your folders setup \content\data or \mylibrary\data ?

thanks.

guess i should submit a support ticket.

renaming mylibrary to content should be able to test without breaking DS.

edited December 1969

There is no need to rename anything.

Simply add your 'My Library' folder to Carrara, and all of the folders underneath that should be available to Carrara. Are you using Carrara 8.5, the latest version?

Untitled-1.jpg
    430 x 620 - 115K
    edited March 2014

thanks.

i checked the knowlege base, i know, radical :lol:,

i only installed the 8.5 pro native content. knowlege base says i need to install c8 native content also.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

A5 is working fine for me as well, here is my folder structure:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis\Characters\Aiko5.duf

The error message you are getting indicates you are trying to open an "older" .dsf version of A5, rather than the newer .duf version. Have you upgraded A5? if so, do you possibly have two content folders for DS (one created for DS 4, and one created for DS 4.5+).

Carrara 8.5 needs .duf files, and will typically error out with a message like you are getting if you try to open .dsf files.

Hope this helps.

edited March 2014

how do you undock the bottom pallets? content and sequencer

thanks.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

Hmmm..... I've never tried to. After a quick look at it, I don't think you can un-dock it like the others. You might post the question over in the Carrara forum and see if someone there might know the secret. I usually use a laptop, so no real need to un-dock anything cause there's no place to put it :)

edited March 2014

well :bug: i ran the carrara 8 native installer. didn't fix my problem. i drilled down to the data folder, there is a genesis.dsf in there.

i'll try re d/l genesis essentials