I'm No Genius But I Can Do Simple Sums!

BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Come on Daz, get a grip, it's a sum a seven year old should be able to work out, never mind a computer!

~Barry

No_no_no.jpg
303 x 409 - 126K

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

The drop down shows a different price than the cart itself. The cart page shows the correct price.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    The drop down shows a different price than the cart itself. The cart page shows the correct price.

That's like giving it permission to be wrong!

If my stepdaughter doesn't get a good grade in her maths exams I'm going to tell the teachers "Oh it's ok, she never gets it right first time" and see if I can get her a free re-sit!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,678
    edited December 1969

My best guess is that the dropdown code calculates based on the actual price while the sore page calculates using the discounts, I know, annoying but something I've learnt to live with. The best fix would be to drop the sum from the drop down.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    My best guess is that the dropdown code calculates based on the actual price while the sore page calculates using the discounts, I know, annoying but something I've learnt to live with. The best fix would be to drop the sum from the drop down.

The best fix would be to get a large trout and slap the programmers about the head with it until they get it right!

Well that's what I say anyway!

Anyone got a trout?

edited December 1969

Totte said:

The best fix would be to get a large trout and slap the programmers about the head with it until they get it right!

Anyone got a trout?

Trout? I think pike is used for webprogrammer slapping. Trout is for bank system programmers. Game programmers get slapped with cod, hence the name cod-ing error.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

Anyone got a trout?

Trout? I think pike is used for webprogrammer slapping. Trout is for bank system programmers. Game programmers get slapped with cod, hence the name cod-ing error.

I thought it was a herring...

edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    Totte said:
    Totte said:

Anyone got a trout?

Herring, that's exclusive for cobol jockyes.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    jerriecan said:
    Totte said:
    Totte said:

Anyone got a trout?

I used to be one of those, long long time ago!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I prefer limp lettuce leaves to trout

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    jerriecan said:
    Totte said:
    Totte said:

Anyone got a trout?

I used to be one of those, long long time ago!

Judging by the bolded section, a fish has already been applied.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Who would you slap with a Cod?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Who would you slap with a Cod?

A DBA?

Think Ted Codd ... ;)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,054
    edited December 1969

The only logical place for this discussion to go next...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    The only logical place for this discussion to go next...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

But we don't do logic here...

edited December 1969

I just want to thank people for keeping this thread in good humour, the way it was intended when I started it. It could easily have got ugly, but we rock! Oh yes!

edited December 1969

I would have gotten ugly if Jaderail turned up. Mawhahahahahaha

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I would have gotten ugly if Jaderail turned up. Mawhahahahahaha

You would?
    edited December 1969

LOL trust me to leave the T out of It.....ROFLOL and yes I would have gotten ugly....hold on I already am.